Re: Madden 23 - 12/25 Present Packs Update

by SHRIVLES54

Original Post

Madden 23 - 12/25 Present Packs Update

EA Community Manager

Hello Madden Community! 

We hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season so far. We worked with the live service team to get a full understanding around what happened with presents on 12/25.

From the Developers: When presents were first made available to open, it was discovered that they were incorrect. We learned that users still had all the proper inventory of presents and the proper content, but the names and images were incorrect. Meaning when they had earned an "Unfinished Business Pack" that should reward a Tom Brady item, on Christmas morning, that pack was misnamed "Legends Pack" but still awarded the Tom Brady item properly.

Around 6:20 PM an update was rolled out in an attempt to correct this, but corrected the wrong thing. Instead of updating the pack names and images, some of the contents of these packs were changed to mismatched pack names. This update was live until approximately 8:10 PM. This resulted in cases where, in the example above: the "Unfinished Business Pack" now had the correct image and name but was instead awarding a Legend instead of the Tom Brady item it should have.

At approximately 8:10 PM, the prior update was rolled back, reverting to the previous state where all of the contents of the packs were correct to the collectibles that people had, just with wrong images in some cases. Near 8:40 PM, the names and images of the packs were corrected to match both the original collectibles and the pack images.

As a result, between the times of approximately 6:20 PM and 8:10 PM, users were awarded content that did not match the content they had earned. This resulted in some packs awarding significantly higher value and some packs awarding significantly lower value. For the packs in the 6:20 PM - 8:10 PM timeframe that granted lesser value, a makegood for the correct content will be made once the team is back in the studio. In addition to the makegood for impacted users, all users that log into MUT will receive an additional large present.

Stay tuned to @MaddenNFLDirect for details about the makegood.

Message 2 of 237 (52,958 Views)

Are there going to be make rights for the people who opened presents

★★★ Newbie

i had 66 presents and opened them in the morning and didn’t pull anything but people who opened them in the afternoon got way more i think there should be at least some given out

Message 1 of 237 (8,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We should get more then a large present, it was Christmas you guys messed up on I couldn’t even play a game, or do anything. Come on EA.

Message 3 of 237 (49,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Agent_RS I’ve been locked out of mut since Christmas, so have many other players, any updates on that?
Message 4 of 237 (49,386 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Agent_RS Yk maybe I would be happy with this. BUT I have never received a 95 Tom Brady when I had player present 1 in my binder so this game is weird.
Message 5 of 237 (48,212 Views)

★ Novice
@Agent_RS What’s the time frame on that
Message 6 of 237 (46,572 Views)

★★★ Novice
@midwayriver4 Me too
Message 7 of 237 (46,485 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Well i havent had access to the game since 12/25 so idk what to do or make of this. 

Message 8 of 237 (46,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So all my presents weren't what they was suppose to be and all I get is 1 large present EA???

Message 9 of 237 (45,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What about not being able to connect to mut for 5 days! I mean this is insane at least tell us when it’ll be fixed. I lost multiple presents and missed out on content that dropped. I expected some hefty make rights to those who haven’t been able to get in since Sunday…

Message 10 of 237 (45,232 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help