Re: Is madden 23 going to be crossplay since FIFA 22 added it already?

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is madden 23 going to be crossplay since FIFA 22 added it already?

★★★ Newbie

Will madden 23 be crossplay since it is already in FIFA 22 and is coming to fifa 23? 

Message 1 of 12 (18,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there, @firsthandrex40 

Cross platform is not available for Madden NFL 23.

If you are on PS5 and have dual entitlement, you can download the Gen 4 version of the game to play with your friend(s) if they are on Gen 4. Same goes for Xbox One X/S if you have dual entitlement too. 

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (18,134 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @firsthandrex40 

Cross platform is not available for Madden NFL 23.

If you are on PS5 and have dual entitlement, you can download the Gen 4 version of the game to play with your friend(s) if they are on Gen 4. Same goes for Xbox One X/S if you have dual entitlement too. 

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 12 (18,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about for pc? Can pc play with Xbox? I have seen it won’t which if that’s the case it’s sadly a deal breaker for me. I was looking forward to this madden but I’m not going to get it on my pc if I can’t play with friends.

Message 3 of 12 (17,755 Views)

★ Novice

FIFA 23's PC has cross play and FieldSense, but Madden 23 does not.

Message 4 of 12 (17,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just want to make sure I understand your previous statement. My friend has an Xbox One and he purchased Madden 23 (standard version). 
if I buy the All Madden Edition 23 for my Xbox X console and then choose the "older gen" version to download... it would then allow me to play on EA servers /Xbox Live together in the same game? Is this correct? 

The only reason I need clarification is because I already spent $ in the Xbox x version which I will have to re-sell and loose money on. 

Thank you

Message 5 of 12 (17,193 Views)

Community Manager

@KCGridironGreat 

If you have the Xbox One version and your friend has the Xbox One version, you'll be able to play together. However, progress doesn't carry over between the 2 consoles. Meaning, whatever you do on the Xbox One version will not be reflected in the Series S/X version.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 12 (17,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just one more follow up... Do I have to buy the All Madden Edition with duel entitlement or can I just buy the Xbox one version to use on my Xbox X console to get the same ability to play with my friend online. I'm not worried about getting or using both versions at any point. Just want to be able to play my friend with or without improved graphics.  Thank you sir for your patience and answers. 

EA has all my $$$$ 🤣

Message 7 of 12 (17,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo That sucks.... but I know you can add it....mk11 added the feature. Let me know then when the new game catch up to the new crave (CROSSPLAY) I will buy then.
Message 8 of 12 (17,174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Why do you continuously avoid answering any legitimate questions related to the PC version of this game? Did your managment team give you those orders? Why are your PAYING PC CUSTOMERS treated as second class?
Message 9 of 12 (17,167 Views)

Community Manager

@KCGridironGreat 

If you want to play on both consoles, you'll need the All Madden edition.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 12 (17,139 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help