Re: Have the pre-snap comparisons of Rec vs. DB been removed in M23?

by Seasoned_Vet17

Original Post

Have the pre-snap comparisons of Rec vs. DB been removed in M23?

After playing my first few games, I cannot see any comparisons of WR vs. CB etc. anymore (as it has been in previous Madden versions for speed, release, etc. when selecting the couple of players)? Has this feature been removed or is this a bug?

Furthermore, playing on PC with keyboard only, the screen looks completely the same when triggering the "Show Play Art" screen (using CTRL) and "X Factor Vision" (using SHIFT) except a symbol on the bottom of the screen saying "X Factor Vision" in the latter case. Is this just because there are no x-factors yet in MUT games or is this a bug too? I do not see any reason why there should be a "Show Play Art" option if there is not a single additional information available compared to the "X Factor Vision"...

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 1 of 5 (704 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems they have removed a lot of pre-snap info.  In Madden 22 you could view player ratings, run block matchups, and WR/CB matchups by holding L2 (PS4) and moving R stick around.  This feature has either been removed or is not working.  If this isn't fixed I will not be purchasing.  

Message 2 of 5 (632 Views)

★ Guide

Yes. They've been removed. Which is COMPLETELY absurd. 

The NFL at its core is a "Game of Matchups". Bring it back...period. 

Message 3 of 5 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found them really useful. I hope they come back in a patch. 

Message 4 of 5 (495 Views)

@flapper234 Fully agree. Without them there are even less incentives to vary your play calling and to do always the same.

Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 5 of 5 (476 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help