Betreff: Will the kotfe cutscene crash problem ever be fixed?

by proxos666

Original Post

Will the kotfe cutscene crash problem ever be fixed?

★★★ Novice
Hi, I only started playing the old republic recently, I enjoy playing it but whenever I get to fallen empire with a character it really upsets me that my game freezes up when it was running just fine before, is there a chance that eventually the solution to this problem will no longer be “just lower the graphics settings?” Are you atleast looking for a fix?
Message 1 of 7 (1,452 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Seanuffboy

Can you add a launcherlog and DxDiag?

Message 2 of 7 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Novice

i dont know how to make a launcherlog but i got the other thing, im just worried the only solution is get a better computer, when i cant do that, all i want to do is have the character models look good in the later cutscenes, i dont care about the backgrounds looking bad, but when i try to do that every big cutscene after the first chapter of kotfe crashes.

Message 3 of 7 (1,417 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can run a repair scan per this link just to be sure it isnt file related

To the best of my knowledge this particular issue is confined to intel video cards , you can see if a newer intel video driver helps, try a scan with the intel driver utility at this link

Edit - this driver link is listed as the latest for your Intel CPU and Video Card

However the known issues even for that driver is 

KNOWN ISSUES

 Graphics anomalies may be observed in Titanfall® 2 (6th Gen Intel® Core™ Only) and other games

 Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Tom Clancy's The Division™ (DX12*), The Guild 3*, and other games.

other then that lower one setting at a time until you can identify what setting it is hanging on, so you can leave others set to better quality.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 7 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Novice

would increasing the performance help? i recently discovered windows 10 game mode and the game has been showing improvements.

Message 5 of 7 (1,385 Views)

★★ Guide

To my knowledge the game needs at least 256 MB of VRAM to load all videos (512 MB would be better). The developers are advising to use even 1000 MB VRAM ( https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/free-to-play#store-page-...Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 1 GB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better.)

Your Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 has only 128 MB (Dedicated Memory) . So the game tries to load the video to your video memory. Because there is not enough video memory the loading never finished. It can help to lower to graphic in videos of 1.0 but for the KOTFE or KOTET videos it would surprise me if lowering the graphic to minimize memory use is still working. You cannot "save" 128 MB (your difference to the needed VRAM) by lowering the graphics.

Message 6 of 7 (1,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is Intel graphics chips. Does the same for me on first landing of Rishi even at bottom graphics setting. There is a universal code missing on all pre 4k series Intel graphics cards. If you have an i5 late model or later CPU, chances are you will have a newer Intel chip.If the instruction in the video feed driver is removed, the later chips will not run it. Best I can say is skip the cutscene by tapping the spacebar. If you REALLY want to see it, get someone to screen capt the video for you.

Message 7 of 7 (1,098 Views)