There is an issue with your Electronic Arts account CANT SUBSCRIBE.

by Aezwyn

Original Post

Re: There is an issue with your Electronic Arts account CANT SUBSCRIBE.

[ Edited ]

@Will1906 

not common at all for issue you have, have you tried purchasing coins and sub through steam ? whilst your account is at studio being investigated.

as mentioned in https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/There-is-an-issue-with-your-Electronic-Arts-a...

Support said purchasing via steam for both subscription and coins should work (as long as the steam and swtor accounts are linked correctly by logging in fully on a character with steam first before purchasing).

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 21 of 1,404 (4,568 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey proxos666, never mind. It finally worked, I bought the subscription through Steam, and now I'm subscribed again. I guess I was just over-cautious that I had heard from multiple people that the Steam version of subscribing was unreliable and non-refundable. Yet I got tired of waiting and just decided to go for it; I guess that little risk paid off; thanks anyway for initially responding. 

Message 22 of 1,404 (4,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I have the same problem, changing password doesn't work. My swtor name: Ziomuslaw 

Message 23 of 1,404 (4,449 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Valkorion97 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona ziomuslaw (not Valkorian97 that your posting on) that EA account uses a different email to swtor and is a onet email

use the following link to reset the password https://signin.ea.com/p/web2/resetPassword  then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 24 of 1,404 (4,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, same problem here. I bought the subscription from Origin, but I cannot redeem the code on the website ("There is an issue with your Electronic Arts account...").

I already tried resetting the EA password, clearing the cache and cookies, logging in the incognito mode (I use Firefox instead of Chrome, does it matter?).

Account name: katalina_PL

Help would be appreciated!

Message 25 of 1,404 (4,427 Views)

[ Edited ]

@katalina_PL 

Your account has been sent to studio for investigation similar to will1906  , there is no time frame at this point 

if you link your swtor account to steam (best to login a character fully via steam to ensure link) , a subscription will work through steam 

edit - you can email the origin code into support@swtor.com however they may not be able to add the game time from the code until resolved by studio (steam will work for now though)

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 26 of 1,404 (4,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. can't buy subsribtion or coins or enter game time codes

"There is an issue with your Electronic Arts account which will prevent SWTOR purchases until resolved."

tried different browsers, changing password on the swtor account.
came here and tried entering to my ea account, but it says there is no account with this email

SWtor Account name: LizaNameless - Germany

I have an old second SWtor Account (LizaNmless)that is linked to my Origin Account (LizaNameles), i even could buy stuff there.

But the new one isn't linked to anyting. I think the account was created after the change so there was no ea account created.

Message 27 of 1,404 (4,382 Views)

★★★ Novice
@proxos666

Hey, thanks for your help! I really appreciate it! I was able to subscribe through Steam.

Would you recommend I contact the studio anyway, or should I wait for a message from them? Now that I have another month of game time, I don't mind waiting with the Origin code until they can fix the issue.
Message 28 of 1,404 (4,356 Views)

@katalina_PL 

just wait for now , if need post back here can chase an update, they will email you when resolved.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 29 of 1,404 (4,332 Views)

@LizaNameless 

At some point in the past you had an EA account deleted or merged , the swtor account LizaNameless is permanently broken due to this occurring.
( is mentioned in  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/close-ea-account

Deleting your EA Account will permanently break your Pogo or SW:TOR account. We cannot restore Pogo or SW:TOR accounts when this happens, so we recommend you keep your account active or temporarily deactivate it.

Best suggestion is to use LizaNmless as your swtor account moving forward

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 30 of 1,404 (4,311 Views)