The Game Won't Load Correctly

by Namidor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Game Won't Load Correctly

★★ Novice

Every time I open the launcher it loads about .5 percent of the update; if i close the launcher and start again I get an error message, so  i have to restart my computer. and this is for every update. 

Message 1 of 4 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Game Won't Load Correctly

@Namidor 

There is this guide for unspecified error and could be antivirus caused , normally a computer reboot resolves it for most 

If that doesnt help and you cant add exceptions to things like norton family for launcher.exe you can try swicthing patch methods per this guide link 

Just be aware switching patch methods involves a new game install, however the unspecified error does not exist under the non streaming patcher.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)

All Replies

@Namidor 

Confirm the antivirus isnt interfering with launcher.exe, is there an exception in ll the lists ?

what error message are you getting ? 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 4 (331 Views)

★★ Novice
@proxos666 I can't confirm that I have an antivirus as this was my brothers computer originally. As for the error message it simply says "This application has ecountered an unspecified error.
Please try this patch again". The only thing that i could think of interfering with the patching is Norton Family
Message 3 of 4 (309 Views)

@Namidor 

There is this guide for unspecified error and could be antivirus caused , normally a computer reboot resolves it for most 

If that doesnt help and you cant add exceptions to things like norton family for launcher.exe you can try swicthing patch methods per this guide link 

Just be aware switching patch methods involves a new game install, however the unspecified error does not exist under the non streaming patcher.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)