Swtor: Main Assets 337 keep getting stuck.

by qhxsty

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Swtor: Main Assets 337 keep getting stuck.

★★ Novice

I've been searching the past 3 days as I am getting back into SWTOR and so I am reinstalling. The installation is fine up until Main Assets and it gets stuck at numbers as high as 95% and as low as 15%, I've reinstalled near 10 times, I don't have bitraider as I deleted that to see if it was the problem but it wasn't and I can't cross the thing off so I must use task manager, it gets stuck at random numbers when I do this. My computer data is fine, and I have ran the game before easily so I don't know the problem. Please give me advice, it's my favorite game.

Message 1 of 4 (919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Swtor: Main Assets 337 keep getting stuck.

★★ Novice

Okay so I fixed my SWTOR.. 

The steps are simple. To start, you want to do this before the cross button is greyed out - so you can still click it.

Then, you simply go WHILE the Main Assets are on % and click Repair, then just wait. It should fix. I didn't need to do anything technical, however I am confused on one thing; when I had bitraider it didn't let me click repair. Goodluck if this happens to you, hope this works.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (886 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@qhxsty 

Add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your anti-virus / firewall safe list. You can also try to disable both of them completely to see if that makes a difference.  If you have one of the following anti-virus, try the following:

ESET - disable protocol filtering
Kapersky - disable scan secure/encrypted connections
Nortons (firewall) - ensure exceptions are set to allow not auto
AVG - disable link surf scanner shield

Lastly try a repair as per here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (907 Views)

★★ Novice

First off, thanks for the fast response; didn't expect it to be less than 24 hours. I was sleeping when you sent it, thus I replied late. My firewall isn't the problem, do you have any other solutions? My game doesn't even let me finish installation. I uninstalled Bitraider client on the 7th reinstall, should I get that back?

Message 3 of 4 (889 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay so I fixed my SWTOR.. 

The steps are simple. To start, you want to do this before the cross button is greyed out - so you can still click it.

Then, you simply go WHILE the Main Assets are on % and click Repair, then just wait. It should fix. I didn't need to do anything technical, however I am confused on one thing; when I had bitraider it didn't let me click repair. Goodluck if this happens to you, hope this works.

Message 4 of 4 (887 Views)