Re: Swtor Launcher stuck on Initiating, then when change bitraider_disable to tr

by lSUITESl

Original Post

Swtor Launcher stuck on Initiating, then when change bitraider_disable to true..

★★ Novice

So I am recently trying to get back into Swtor, and I am able to play the game on an older laptop but I recently bought a new gaming laptop to be able to play Swtor on. Well when I try to install the game, the launcher gets stuck on initiating. I have searched and tried many times to download the launcher repair utility 2.0.10 as well as delete the bitraider folder, but the bitraider folder just comes back and im stuck on initiating. Then I have tried changing the launcher.exe in notepad, changing bitraider_disable from false to true, and when i do that, my launcher changes and become stuck on network error 310 along with the bottoms showing, installing video 1 english 1.68gb remaining but it never starts installing. I have disabled my firewalls as well as added the launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the trusted list and yet i still receive the network 3.10 error. Like I said before, I have this on another laptop which works just fine, just the game is laggy so i bought a new gaming laptop and now i cannot install the game. I have tried for over a month now and cannot fix the issue. Please help, that would be amazing!

Message 2 of 6 (712 Views)

Betreff: SWTOR Launcher stuck on initializing screen

★★ Novice

I recently am trying to get back into the game, well by recently, I have been trying to figure out how to fix the launcher for over a month now with no avail. I have tried so many things that I dont know what to do. I have deleted and downloaded new client. I have deleted bitraider, changed launcher.exe file as told. When I do that, I get the network 310 error. I have all my firewalls disabled and i have the swtor.exe and launcher.exe on my trusted list. I literally have a second laptop and the launcher works on that one, but I have a gaming laptop and the launcher or game will not download, it is stuck on initiating and when i switch bitraider to "true" i just get the network 310 error. Not exactly sure what to do. I have tried all sorts of things over the past month and have gotten nowhere. Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (712 Views)

Re: Swtor Launcher stuck on Initiating, then when change bitraider_disable to tr

@lSUITESl 

What antivirus are you using ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 6 (693 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

PC Protect

Message 4 of 6 (643 Views)

@lSUITESl 

I am not familiar with pc protect at all, have you tried uninstalling it as a test to see if the launcher works , and then once determined install pc protect back again ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 6 (632 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not tried that yet, thank you for the suggestion!

Message 6 of 6 (620 Views)