Subscription problem.

by malignus

Original Post

Subscription problem.

★★★★★ Novice

So... apparently EA stopped wanting my money. A month ago I got a mail saying my subscription would be renewed today. And  whaddya know? I logged on a couple of minutes ago and my subscription had ended.

How quaint. Now, I still have a burning need to dispose some of my cash, so if anyone know of a mail-support for this game, I would be happy. There seems only to be phone support.

The alternative is spending my hard earned cash on something else, but we're not there yet. Yet.

Message 1 of 6 (412 Views)

Re: Subscription problem.

@malignus 

swtor username ? 

have you tried to just resubscribe ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 6 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Well, my display name is Attaroa. And yes, I've tried resubbing. That didn't work. It's apparently the credit card, which is no longer usable. The message was, as far as I remember correctly, just that. Not usable.

I tried deleting the stored info and filling it in again to no avail.

I used it before successfully, and it has a good 18 months left, before I need to get a new one. As for the balance, it's quite healthy, so that's not the issue.

Message 3 of 6 (383 Views)

@malignus 

are you in the EU ? could it be related to the law that came into effect in jan https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/2019/08/29/new-eu-law-to-change-how-you-bank-and-shop-online-are-you-r...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 6 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sonofa... that's probably it. That has no effect on PayPal transfers, right?

Message 5 of 6 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

You know what? Nevermind. I just tried to get it to work, just for the hell of it, and now it works. I just paid for a 180-day recurring subscription, like the one I had before. It went through, it seems, because I'm listed as a subscriber in the game.

Why EA apparently canceled it, I have no idea. And why it didn't work the first time, I likewise have no idea. All I know is I didn't cancel jack myself. Ergo...

Message 6 of 6 (330 Views)