Steam subscription not working 2023

by StandUpGamer14

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Steam subscription not working 2023

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I purchased a 60 Day Game Time subscription for SWTOR through Steam. When I loaded up the game it still says I am a free-to-play player. My SWTOR account name is Endygaming. My Steam account was linked to my SWTOR account prior to the purchase, I then tried to unlink and relink the accounts after it not working and it still didn't work. I followed the instructions of the guide through this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Steam-Purchase-Not-Working/m-p/9356718#M... but have seen some people say they haven't gotten responses so I wanted to pose my issue here as well.

I should also note that I first tried to purchase the subscription through the SWTOR website but when entering my Visa debit card info I kept getting this message "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." and it wouldn't go through. I even tried to do it with my family members Visa credit card but got the same message.

I'm hoping there is some way to resolve this and I didn't waste 30 bucks

Any help/advice/tips appreciated

Message 1 of 7 (2,147 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Steam subscription not working 2023

@StandUpGamer14 

Support have your steam email however cant add the gametime until the below is done 

To fix the account You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account uses the same email as on your swtor account 

use the following link (insert the swtor email) to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

let me know when done and i can chase up again for you

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,127 Views)

All Replies

Re: Subscription Issues - 2020

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I purchased a 60 Day Game Time subscription for SWTOR through Steam. When I loaded up the game it still says I am a free-to-play player. My SWTOR account name is Endygaming. My Steam account was linked to my SWTOR account prior to the purchase, I then tried to unlink and relink the accounts after it not working and it still didn't work. I followed the instructions of the guide through this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Steam-Purchase-Not-Working/m-p/9356718#M... but have seen some people say they haven't gotten responses so I wanted to pose my issue here as well.

I should also note that I first tried to purchase the subscription through the SWTOR website but when entering my Visa debit card info I kept getting this message "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." and it wouldn't go through. I even tried to do it with my family members Visa credit card but got the same message.

I'm hoping there is some way to resolve this and I didn't waste 30 bucks

Any help/advice/tips appreciated

Message 2 of 7 (2,159 Views)

@StandUpGamer14 

Support have your steam email however cant add the gametime until the below is done 

To fix the account You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account uses the same email as on your swtor account 

use the following link (insert the swtor email) to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

let me know when done and i can chase up again for you

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 3 of 7 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed the link and reset the password for the EA account that uses the same email as my SWTOR account, [edit: email address removed]. I then logged into that email on the EA website. Is that all that needs to be done? Also the email that is connected to my Steam account is a different email than the one I use for my SWTOR account, would that effect anything? If it is would changing the emails associated resolve the issue?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7 (2,111 Views)

@StandUpGamer14 

Gametime has been added to your swtor account 

If not done so yet , you need to cancel the swtor subscription on your steam account , it can be repurchased when this gametime ends

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 7 (2,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Great! I just checked and it went through. Thank you so much for your help. Why should I cancel the swtor subscription on my steam account?

Message 6 of 7 (2,037 Views)

@StandUpGamer14 

Best to cancel the swtor subscription on steam as it was created when the swtor account was disabled , it is possible that subscription will continue to fail , hence cancelling it 
it can be repurchased when the gametime ends

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 7 (2,023 Views)