Standard Edition and Onslaught

by denizwasp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Standard Edition and Onslaught

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Greetings,

I looked a lot, but couldn't find any information about this anywhere. So if this question is asked and answered before, I apologize.

First of all, I am not a regular subscriber, I usually play f2p. I also finished Ossus and Hearts and Minds for 4 characters. This question is related to these informations.

I bought Standard Edition via Origin at February 2019, before Onslaught expansion. As a result, I had access to KotFE and KotET without any problem while I was playing f2p.

Currently Origin Standard Edition purchase includes Onslaught. I have Standard Edition key registered in my account, but I cannot access to Onslaught. There is simply no Quest.

My question is this; Does Standard Edition get an update about its content? I mean, does a former Standard Edition purchase include Onslaught as well, or should I subscribe to get that content? Is subscription a must?

I took a very long break and returned to swtor. I don't have time to play regularly this month, so subscription will be a waste, but I'm quite eager to play it. Please don't hate me Angel

I apologize for the long post. I will appreciate any information about this question.

Message 1 of 3 (715 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Standard Edition and Onslaught

@denizwasp 

Have a read of https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-free-to-play-faqs

The origin standard edition can only ever be applied to a swtor account once , the origin deluxe edition can be applied officially every 6 months

Now in regards to swtor , look at it this way your either subscribed or your not , when you subscribe you gain access to content released at the time , you keep that access when your sub ends

to gain access to newer or later released content you need to subscribe again and again you keep that access when the sub lapses

So options 

Buy the origin 60 day code , subscribe at swtor.com , subscribe via steam or buy a game time card all these options make your account subscribed and gain access to currently released content

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (699 Views)

All Replies

@denizwasp 

Have a read of https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-free-to-play-faqs

The origin standard edition can only ever be applied to a swtor account once , the origin deluxe edition can be applied officially every 6 months

Now in regards to swtor , look at it this way your either subscribed or your not , when you subscribe you gain access to content released at the time , you keep that access when your sub ends

to gain access to newer or later released content you need to subscribe again and again you keep that access when the sub lapses

So options 

Buy the origin 60 day code , subscribe at swtor.com , subscribe via steam or buy a game time card all these options make your account subscribed and gain access to currently released content

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice
@proxos666 Thank you for the detailed reply. It is now more clear to me. Stay safe, stay healthy!
Message 3 of 3 (688 Views)