Server not responding - swtor launcher

by SirMisiek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Server not responding - swtor launcher

★★★ Novice

I got server not responding while trying to login to my account via swtor launcher.

Display name: SirMisiek

I've also attached screen shot from launcher and log file for launcher. I do not know if those values can be sensitive from vulnerability perspective so they're hidden.

Launcher version: 3.1.6.0

Message 1 of 6 (13,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Server not responding - swtor launcher

★★★★ Guide

This happens because you are using a very old version of the launcher that no longer works. To fix this:

1. Create a backup copy of the "launcher.settings" file that can be found in the folder where you have SWTOR installed.
  2. Download the Launcher Repair Utility into your SWTOR installation folder and start it: http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityP1.8.2.exe
  3. Once this is done, do NOT open the launcher, first restore your "launcher.settings" file (= copy your backup copy back into the SWTOR folder).
  4. Now you can start the launcher and login.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (14,150 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

This happens because you are using a very old version of the launcher that no longer works. To fix this:

1. Create a backup copy of the "launcher.settings" file that can be found in the folder where you have SWTOR installed.
  2. Download the Launcher Repair Utility into your SWTOR installation folder and start it: http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityP1.8.2.exe
  3. Once this is done, do NOT open the launcher, first restore your "launcher.settings" file (= copy your backup copy back into the SWTOR folder).
  4. Now you can start the launcher and login.
Message 2 of 6 (14,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

So it looks like there is something with origin downloader, because i downloaded launcher few days ago and got the old one, instead of new. But thanks for your help. Cheers

Message 3 of 6 (12,966 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for letting me know, I'll remember it for the future. But yeah, it's best downloading the game from swtor.com and not via Origin. Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (12,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and still cannot play with the same message "Server not responding". I am new to the game and did the install from the CD.

Message 5 of 6 (10,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved my problem. Good fix, easy instructions. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (8,814 Views)