SWTOR (non steam) website wont allow me to buy sub or other transactions

by BlackfoxKitsune

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR (non steam) website wont allow me to buy sub or other transactions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So you have this issue on and off, i see steam users have had this issue for a week or more now as well.
this is blocking all forms of transactions to the game. i can't buy cartel coins, nor can i renew my sub.
Well today i went to log into SWTOR.com no issues logging in there, however when i went to renew my sub i got an error that refuses to allow me to renew my sub for some reason. meaning i can't play until you get this fixed. (yeah I'm not loosing my hard earned over many dull hours of grinding the weekly's and daily's to get credits to F2P limits thanks) 
how am i supposed to resub if your site's hamsters are on strike? 
we can't even post on the Bug Reports - STAR WARS: The Old Republic (swtor.com) because you have to be a sub to do that, but since your website dosn't want to let us sub no one can post there! it's taking the P a bit EA to let a bug live this long. i know times are not exactly normal thanks to the virus but come on, surely your code wizards are able to work from home? 
the process
Go to SWTOR > log in > go to My SWTOR > go to subscription > Pick plan > to go payment details and pick/use card to pay with > press pay now > get error messages as shown in image

error.png

Message 1 of 6 (637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR (non steam) website wont allow me to buy sub or other transactions

★ Apprentice

so anyone else reading this. just so you know SWTOR creates it's own EA accounts. you start to get the issue i'm having above when for some reason that account becomes disabled and you have to phone up EA and do a lengthy process of resetting your password and refreshing e-mails. they are helpful every step of the way so don't be scared to give them a buz. 
Here is the link to get you to your local support numbers.
Star Wars: The Old Republic - How to contact Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ (SW:TOR) support (ea.com)

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (592 Views)

All Replies

@BlackfoxKitsune 

Swtor username ? 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 6 (626 Views)

★ Apprentice

your looking at it Standard smile (as in me right here)

Message 3 of 6 (618 Views)

@BlackfoxKitsune 

have flagged with support, but i am off to bed will see if there is a response from support in the morning ( 12:30 am here ) 

the phone lines open in 30 minutes if that helps

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/48...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 6 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

literally waiting on the phone lines. have nice dreams. 

Message 5 of 6 (607 Views)

★ Apprentice

so anyone else reading this. just so you know SWTOR creates it's own EA accounts. you start to get the issue i'm having above when for some reason that account becomes disabled and you have to phone up EA and do a lengthy process of resetting your password and refreshing e-mails. they are helpful every step of the way so don't be scared to give them a buz. 
Here is the link to get you to your local support numbers.
Star Wars: The Old Republic - How to contact Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ (SW:TOR) support (ea.com)

Message 6 of 6 (593 Views)