Refund for subscription

by addex78

Original Post

Refund for subscription

★★ Novice

Purchased 180 day subscription from Steam and it hasn't applied. Contacted support but they wait 2-3 days between every reply so its taking ages to sort this out. At this point I don't want to play anymore, any motivation I had to play has been ruined by the crappy support team.

I would like a refund for this subscription as I have not recieved that which I paid for, there is no way to ask for a refund through Steam so are SWTOR CS able to issue a refund even though I paid through Steam?

Message 1 of 9 (279 Views)

Re: Refund for subscription

[ Edited ]

@addex78 

fraid not , steam are a 3rd party vendor and your transaction was with steam not swtor , this is also why support need the proof of purchase to add the game time. 

as long as you have provided the required proof then it shouldnt be difficult to get sorted, it is when they need more information that it takes more time 

3 - 4 days is the current ticket response time though

edit - screenshots need to be per the sticky https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-Steam-Purchase-Not-Working/td-p/9356718/jump-to/firs...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 9 (275 Views)

★★ Novice

I have provided both screenshots needed as proof of purchase twice. Every single time I get a reply I have to wait another 2-3 days for a reply which is stupid.

I'll have to find a way to get a refund through Steam.

Message 3 of 9 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]

@addex78 

what is the swtor username ?

also If your concerned about the wait time on emails you can call swtor support when the liens are open to reduce the wait time

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/480...

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 9 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Vasari

I cannot call support, I work during the hours support is open. I explained this to the support staff when they emailed me.

Message 5 of 9 (257 Views)

@addex78 

Odd swtor support said you havent contacted them ? are you sure it was swtor support that emailed you ?

The game time failed as the linked EA account is disabled , no purchases will work on that swtor account until fixed 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona coniusmar (not this addex78that EA account uses a hotmail email

use the following link to reset the password https://signin.ea.com/p/web2/resetPassword  then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 9 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was the one that contacted support at support @ swtor.com. I contacted them using an email that was not associated with the SWTOR account but have given them the name and updated the email on the account.

I followed the instructions on this topic:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Steam-subscription-not-working/td-p/9336662

Message 7 of 9 (243 Views)

@addex78 

the support person that looked at the Vasari account, indicated there was no communication listed against that account, so not sure what has occured with your previous emails.

this is why it is best to always email from the email address on the swtor account.

I believe it to be best to call support in 30 min when the lines open and request to upload the screenshots to an EA ticket whilst on the phone.

Either way to do any future purchases on that swtor account you do need to get that EA account coniusmar sorted, otherwise no game time will get added ever.

it is just after midnight for me so going to bed , i also wont see a response from swtor support until monday now

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 9 (237 Views)

★★ Novice

As stated I working during the time that support is open.

They are open between 14:00 - 23:00 and I work between 12:00 - 22:00 with an hour commute each way. I have reset the password and logged into both EA accounts I own, still no subscription time on my account.

It is an egregious oversight not to have a notice on the Steam page directing users to check they have accounts set up properly, from having a quick  look it seems this is one of if not the biggest issue. I have 4 hours where I'm not working or traveling, I shouldn't have to spend it trying to sort out a bloody subscription.

Hopefully I'll get a reply from Steam and receive a refund.

Message 9 of 9 (226 Views)