Re: Really need help - Swtor

by RankynPhyle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Really need help - Swtor

★★ Apprentice

I have a big problem.
I have 24 characters on level 55 +. (2 on tomb of freedon nadd and 22 on the red eclypse)
though they aren't in my own account, I used to play on my brother's account.
Now I know its something I shouldn't done at start, to share an account with him, but I didn't know it then.
I got a new account now, subscriber as well, but my legacy, my characters, they are all there...
if I want to continue playing them I need them transfered, but I know you do not do those stuff...
so what do you offer me to do? I won't play on a shared account as its againts the terms, but I don't want all of my toons that I worked so hard to get to be lost.
thanks.

[already posted it on customer support, but Im not sure if its been moved to here. in any case all kind of help is appritiated, thanks!]

Message 1 of 10 (1,781 Views)

Accepted Solution

Best of my Knowledge is moving characters is not possible between accounts

You can try phoning them as account stuff is only by phone, but honestly I don't think you will get any joy.

Best is to establish your self off your brothers account and move forward.

Not the answer your looking for I know but didn't want to sugar coat it for you.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,837 Views)

All Replies

Best of my Knowledge is moving characters is not possible between accounts

You can try phoning them as account stuff is only by phone, but honestly I don't think you will get any joy.

Best is to establish your self off your brothers account and move forward.

Not the answer your looking for I know but didn't want to sugar coat it for you.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 10 (1,838 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I know it isn't possible at this moment, but I still want to point out how much it ruins my game, and would like to see if there is any support I can get anyways for swtor team.

I did call them twice, they told me they dont have the option to do it, but as i understand, the people I phone to can't handle stuff like this since they are being trained to deny the requast.

That why I keep on posting, I want to see if there is any one from th game's team that can really help me, maybe try to copy and delete my toons from my other account, I really dont know but its super imortant for me to go on.

thanks for replaying tho.

Message 3 of 10 (1,756 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately there is no account transfer of characters to another account.  You will have to level and gear them all over again.  There is not much swtor service can do for you as this has never been a feature.  Best thing you can do is have your brother help you level by grouping and help  doing quest.  Since there moving there support to having other customers answer question and what not hence this new support forum the only people that will see this is players. Wish you the best of luck with your gaming

Message 4 of 10 (1,702 Views)

★★ Novice

The biggest reason they have never put the account merge feature into the game is the credit spammers. There is such high credit spamming in this game if they turned on account merge or something like that it would create huge issues and even more spamming and accounts getting stolen. There is someone in my guild that has 2 account and has been trying forever to merge them into 1 like you can in the game we don't speak of but unfortunately I bet this will never be an option since they can't figure out how to stop credit spammers or at least limit them. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hear what you say,

though as I need it so much, I wondered if they can just do same action they do with transferin characters servers, with accounts, or copy paste them, I don't really know.

I understand its a complicated issue, but I really need it... and wanted to see an answer for my question - if they can anyhow do it for special requasts or something...

thanks for all the replays.

Message 6 of 10 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Doing account to account character moves opens the door for character selling.

While there are safeguards they could put in place to lessen the possibility of this happening, I suspect that they have simply decided that it's not worth pursuing.

In fact, even if they did implement it, those verifications would show that you weren't the original owner of the second account and your request to move would be denied anyway.

So in summary: Assume it will never happen and play accordingly.

Message 7 of 10 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry to point this out, but sharing an account is against the Terms of Service and the License Agreement. Hence I will be very much surprised if they will help you transferring toons from an account that is not yours (So the toons technically are not either) to your personal account.

Never ever have an account common with someone else. Ever. This kind of stuff may occur, or your buddy renders the account unaccessible for you buy attaching a sec key and changes the password. EA / BioWare cannot do anything for you, as it is not an act of piracy. You're the one that is "wrong" here.

Message 8 of 10 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Best thing to do, take advantage of the last little bit of 12x xp and level up at least one toon to 55 (assuming you are now subscribed on your own account at this time). Also if you are subscribed when the expansion launches you can get at least one fresh 60 with the expansion. 
If you are not getting the transfer done via phone, then it is not possible, it is not them denying it to you, it cannot be done. All things pertaining to deep account changes (billing and the like, and something like this) are only done via phone. And for every 1 person that does as you did, there are a dozen others at least, that do not have intentions as innocent, and those others can cause more harm to the game.

Make a new toon, send over the items and money that you can from the other characters to your new ones, with 12x xp, gaining a new legacy will take next to no time at all, and 55 does not take much longer.

------------------------------------------------------------------
alt-maniac extraordinaire
the Harbinger server
too many 65s to count
Imperial and Republic player

NOT an EA employee, just a volunteer here to help
Permanently sleep-depped, runs on caffeine and chocolate
Slightly Sarcastic
Message 9 of 10 (1,527 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's 2 years of gameplay which gone to nothing for me.

I know now I could do it with less then 2 years, but still, it takes time.

I think if one game added this feature to transfer through accounts, doesn't mean other game can not have it too, I bet the first game knew how to avoid the sellers.

and I know I did something wrong at start, by playing in my brothers account, but its a very usuall thing families do, I'm not the first, but i do want to fix the damage, I did sub now with a new account, they can even see same credit card pays for 2 accounts...

in anyway, thanks for all the replays

Message 10 of 10 (1,446 Views)