RP Support

by SerenityofLight

Original Post

RP Support

★★★ Guide

RPers don't make up the largest group of players in the game but the various communities still have very dedicated players in them. Those communities could definitely use some help staying cohesive in the face of the server merges.

While it's not a huge difference, it might be a helpful start to have an RP instance like there is for PVP and PVE which is not set to default. It would at least give a starting point for cracking down on griefing because anyone griefing in an RP instance would have to make a choice to do so rather than just stumbling into someone's RP.

Further, a nice future feature would be enhanced ignore settings. Being able to ignore an entire legacy is a great suggestion I've seen on the main forums. Another great feature I noticed in Mabinogi. In that game, ignoring the player not only hid the comments from the player it also hid their character. Griefers are often inclined to do things like stand on top of other characters, ride their mounts over them or use regens in the middle of RPers. If the visual element of griefing were removed, it would help greatly.

Message 1 of 4 (586 Views)

Re: RP Support

EA SWTOR Team

Heya @SerenityofLight

I see you are using the discussion platform and giving us your input, thanks for that!

We had a live stream yesterday that actually addressed the RP-Side of the Game as well. They are looking into probably making an RP-Instance for players who would like that. This probably wont come with the United Force Update but at a later point, but I can assure you that the studio knows about their RP-Base Standard smile

If you want you can either watch or read the little summary Dulfy did from the livestream over here. (It might answer some other questions as well)

http://dulfy.net/2017/10/03/swtor-fall-roadmap-qa-livestream-coverage/

~Kat

Message 2 of 4 (564 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks, I actually did read the Dulfy notes. I'm throwing my vote in with an RP instance. There isn't a whole lot that can be done really, but an RP instance and enhanced ignore features come as close to a solution as can be implemented without being oppressive. However, I suspect it could take months for an RP instance and over a year to overhaul ignore.

Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

I agree fully with you. I think the RP-Instance would be the best and it may not take as long, if you think back that a PVE and PVP instance already exist. So the framework seems to be there. But I believe some other things have priority at the moment, but I am hopeful for the rp-community Standard smile

I would love an account wide ignore too and really hope that will happen at some point!

~Kat

Message 4 of 4 (542 Views)