Purchased Game time through Steam not working

by Whitetigerdawn

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Purchased Game time through Steam not working

★★ Novice

I tried purchasing subscription through SWTOR as I used to years ago and it would not allow me to no matter what card I used. I purchased 60 days game through steam and it will not show my subscription on SWOTR.com or in game. I tried changing my password on EA, logging out of the game and even steam and logging back in. The steam account was linked prior to purchase. I tried even unlinking and relinking the steam account and still not showing. Found the thread to send the two screenshots to the [edit: email address removed]. How can I correct this and get the time added since I paid for it. My SWTOR account name is Locodawn. Thank you 

Message 1 of 14 (618 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased Game time through Steam not working

@Whitetigerdawn 

Support have your email , however the below needs to be done before gametime can be added 

To fix the account for future purchases,  You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has persona playerhg6mkclb (not Whitetigerdawn your posting on now) that EA account uses a juno.com email

use the following link to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

can let me know when that is done and can flag for the queue again, otherwise you may be told to call when they get to your email

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (585 Views)

All Replies

@Whitetigerdawn 

Support have your email , however the below needs to be done before gametime can be added 

To fix the account for future purchases,  You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has persona playerhg6mkclb (not Whitetigerdawn your posting on now) that EA account uses a juno.com email

use the following link to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

can let me know when that is done and can flag for the queue again, otherwise you may be told to call when they get to your email

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 14 (586 Views)

★ Novice

I went through and completed the password change as requested. I didn't realize that I had a separate ea account is there anyway I can fix which ea account that is link to as the one I used is connected to steam and Xbox and Sims, etc? 

Message 3 of 14 (571 Views)

@Whitetigeress_9 

unfortunately not the linkage is permanent , and if you try to merge ea accounts it will break the swtor account

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 14 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

I replied with the wrong account. I have completed as you instructed. Let me know when it's complete. I appreciate the assistance

Message 5 of 14 (537 Views)

@Whitetigerdawn 

Support said you have been asked to resend the screenshots per the sticky https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Steam-Purchase-Not-Working/td-p/9356718/... i presume they where too cropped to be accepted

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 14 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

They emailed me yesterday morning asking me and I emailed back the new screenshots exactly how they told me. I have not heard back. 

Message 7 of 14 (463 Views)

@Whitetigerdawn 

try resending the email if you sent prior to my post as when i checked they did not have a reply from you

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 14 (429 Views)

★★ Novice

They sent their email at 12pm my time. I sent my email about 12:26. It says it was sent but I did as you asked I resent the the email again. Thank you 

Message 9 of 14 (424 Views)

@Whitetigerdawn 

I will recheck if they see the email , response will be in about 11 hrs when they are online for the day

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 10 of 14 (418 Views)