Re: Problem redeeming game-time code

by proxos666

Original Post

Problem redeeming game-time code

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello!

I recently started playing SWTOR again ind I'm having a blast.

Just now I decided to get a 60 day subscription code from Origin, but I can't figure out how to redeem the code on swtor.com, as it always says that "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."

I read online that I should contact the support, so here I am.

My Display Name is "Genesisdeath", if that helps.

Thanks for any help I can get!

EDIT: I tried resetting my EA password, and my SWTOR password, and I also tried deleting the cache in my browser, as well as using 2 different browsers- None of them have helped so far.

2nd EDIT: I found out that I had another EA Account with te same name as my SWTOR name. I just reset that ones password too, but I still can't redeem my code on swtor.com, while I also treid one more browser and tried all in incognito mode.

I'm really getting tired of this. If I had known how hard it is to subscribe, I wouldn't have done it at all!

Thos whole deal is just really frustrating. Frown

LAST EDIT: With help from the great proxos666 I was finally able to solve the problem!
For anyone interested, EA and SWTOR treat "gmail.com" and "googlemail.com" as 2 different emails. So if you created your SWTOR account with a "@googlemail.com", you need to reset the password on your EA account with the "@googlemail.com".
I hope this helps anyone looking for a solution! Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)

Re: Problem redeeming game-time code

@Anosyn 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona konnbon (not Anosyn) that EA account uses a different googlemail.com email to what is on the swtor account

use the following link to reset the password https://signin.ea.com/p/web2/resetPassword  then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)