Re: Ping Spikes from 100k-700k

by Belgorad

Original Post

Ping Spikes from 100k-700k

★★ Novice

Greetings, I will be precise and short in describing this issue.

I encountered  this problem in 27/5/21, just 14 days old playing the game and subscribe on the 7th day. I submitted a ticket in-game customer support and received their prompt response afterwards, I was given a guideline to help me troubleshooting etc... That method doesn't work for me and this case happens 3-4 days prior to the maintenance followed by 1-2 days after that ... Please note that I did all that is necessary from the guidelines.

Today, I noticed that this pattern ONLY occurs 3-4 days prior to ANY maintenance ( 27/5 , 30/6 , 27/7 etc ), I get the same spikes hitting from 100k-700k onwards...I have no problem playing other MMO's , it is just on SWTOR ...

I am not an expert on pc specs, please let me know if I'm lacking :

Windows 10

RTX 3060

Have both SSD and HDD

850-900 mbps

I am currently investing in the game and currently subscribing , I do wish to have some other solution to solve this matter or at least reasonable explanation concerning this issue.. This is truly stresses me out, I can't proceed with my dailies in this condition...

Thank you for your time reading this ticket ...

Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Ping Spikes from 100k-700k

Hero

@Hishamie 

Download pingplotter and run it while playing for at least 10 - 20 minutes and if the log spikes occur it should record it.  Once recorded upload a screenshot here.  Download Pingplotter at www.pingplotter.com and after you install it set it to graph and to 8.8.8.8 and to see what it plots and attach a screen shot here.

If your not able to get any results or show any spikes, try the following:

Run command prompt in Administrator mode
(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.
Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232
But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.235

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)