Re: Not Receiving One-Time Password

by SavianX

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I have problem with ONP. About several days I started playing SWOTOR again. I new this day will come someday so I save my login and password in safe location. Everything is fine. A very long update at launcher and I can play again. Yesterday I decide to buy a subscription. And there is a problem... I tried to log in one the site but I don't recive ONE TIME PASSWORD. I even change my e-mail on the EA couple times. I have hope that I don't have to call to support. And yes. I did check the guide.

Message 141 of 155 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm also having this problem.

I can't tell if it's because the OTP email is going to the wrong email address or because there is a general issue with verification emails being sent atm.

I've tried several different different emails on my origin account, and I get the initial email about changing the address but then I can not get any verification emails after that.

I also do not get any email from swtor about changing my email when I change it on origin.

EDIT: I've confirmed with swtor CS that the email on the swtor account is not updating when I update my origin account. Furthermore, they insist they cannot do anything at all, that they ONLY way they can verify I am the owner of the account is by email verification to the old email on the account that is no longer possible to access.

Message 142 of 155 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello.

I seem to have the same issue. One day after I played the game, this one-time password verification showed up. 

My problem is I cannot remember my SWTOR account's credentials anymore (email adress specifically) to my display name and password which is annoying me.

Can I get any sort of help? My display name for the game is Kruthuss, if it helps. Thank you.

Message 143 of 155 (1,048 Views)

Hero

@GeneralMacek 

If you do not know the email address for your account you would need to call Customer Service.  For security purposes they are not able to recover that information via the forums.  Their contact info and hours of operation are here.  If you have Skype, WhatsApp or another VoIP program, you can call for free or at a discounted rate if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 144 of 155 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Belgorad

I see... I just wish a live writing chat was possible as a way, too. I am afraid of phone calls lately and I do not feel too much confident I could do it through it.
Message 145 of 155 (953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, need help its been a while since last time i played, now when i log in to the swtor account online it says that it sends one time password but none is recieved tried this every day i think since 4 weeks ago

Message 146 of 155 (851 Views)

Hero

@ryabn1986 

Try the steps in this guide here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 147 of 155 (844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

STill the same , i still cannot recieved the one time password

Message 148 of 155 (821 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@ryabn1986 

Normally you would need to call support for this, but since it's not possible at the moment, there's another way:

Write to support@swtor.com from the email address that is tied to your SWTOR account, and explain the issue. Support will then identify you via email and assist you. 

Thank you for your patience!

Message 149 of 155 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this an issue again? My email is a Gmail account, and I never received a One-Time Password. I'm wondering if the email on my account is an old email I don't use/ have access to anymore. What do you suggest??

Message 150 of 155 (678 Views)