Launcher won't install game

by Frosticllezz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Launcher won't install game

★★★ Newbie

So ive reinstalled the launcher countless times, looked online, deleted all old SWTOR files and still every time I install the launcher it updates then asks me to log in, I do then it says installing 0% but its not installing anything, screenshot is attached.

Please help guys ive ran out of ideas

Message 1 of 4 (499 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Launcher won't install game

EA Live QV Team

@Frosticllezz

Looks like you're using the Streaming version of the Launcher, which is enabled by default with new installations. It uses a background process called BitRaider to stream files through the launcher to the installation folder, but sometimes the launcher doesn't interact with the background process, resulting in a stalled download/installation.

As you're at 0%, the simplest fix would be to switch to non-streaming, which eliminates the use of the background process. @proxos666 wrote a handy guide on how to switch to non-streaming here.

After you switch and relog into the launcher, you'll see something along the lines of "Downloading: English Video" which means the switch was successful. Let me know how you get on.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (525 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

@Frosticllezz

Looks like you're using the Streaming version of the Launcher, which is enabled by default with new installations. It uses a background process called BitRaider to stream files through the launcher to the installation folder, but sometimes the launcher doesn't interact with the background process, resulting in a stalled download/installation.

As you're at 0%, the simplest fix would be to switch to non-streaming, which eliminates the use of the background process. @proxos666 wrote a handy guide on how to switch to non-streaming here.

After you switch and relog into the launcher, you'll see something along the lines of "Downloading: English Video" which means the switch was successful. Let me know how you get on.

Message 2 of 4 (526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply, I have done what the guide said and it was successful and downloading English video 1 now, I will leave it to install and let you know if it completes.

Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Kipling

This guide will also apply in this instance as another solution to this particular issue in future cases.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (470 Views)