Knights of the Fallen Empire: Preferred/F2P

by Alidokta

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Knights of the Fallen Empire: Preferred/F2P

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I've got some questions about the upcoming expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic, Knights of the Fallen Empire

1. In the FAQ about this expansion is listed that this expansion is not available for pre-purchase since all active subscribers will get it for free.
Does this mean that F2P/Preferred won't be able to buy the expansion at all? Because as a preferred player, I would gladly pay for the expansion, but subscribing just isn't my thing.

2. The level-cap will be raised to 65. Is this only for the people who are eligible to play Knights of the Fallen Empire?

For instance, if f2p/preferred players can't buy the expansion, there is no way for them to compete with others in flashpoints/ops since they are 5 levels lower and miss out on the gear.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Greetings from Belgium,

alidokta

Message 1 of 3 (3,442 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Knights of the Fallen Empire: Preferred/F2P

Champion (Retired)

That's correct, you can't buy the expansion. You get it for free for subscribing. You do not need to keep an active subscription to keep the content you've already unlocked. 

Expansions are normally $20, a subscription is $15. So you're actually paying less. 

That's also correct, if you do not have the new expansion you cannot get to level 65 or do any level 65 content. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,891 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

That's correct, you can't buy the expansion. You get it for free for subscribing. You do not need to keep an active subscription to keep the content you've already unlocked. 

Expansions are normally $20, a subscription is $15. So you're actually paying less. 

That's also correct, if you do not have the new expansion you cannot get to level 65 or do any level 65 content. 

Message 2 of 3 (3,892 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the answer.

I have heard that the expansion will be released in episodes, meaning i would have to re-sub every once in a while just to get the other episodes? Or do you get the entire thing for subbing once?

Message 3 of 3 (3,397 Views)