I cant use my new race

by VelocitiYRaptor

Original Post

I cant use my new race

★ Novice

Basically i wanted to be a chiss. It said i had to have a level ten charcter. I bought it on my level ten charcter and tried to start a new charcter on the server my friends use. I got a charcter to level ten and off the planet. I still cant make a chiss. Please help

Message 1 of 7 (452 Views)

Re: I cant use my new race

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The tooltip on the character creation screen is definitely not very clear. I believe the following is correct:

If you are a subscriber, you can make a Chiss character on a Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent. Whether or not you are a subscriber, you can buy the Chiss species unlock from the Cartel Market which allows you to make a Chiss character of any class.

The alternative method is to reach level 50 on a Chiss character, which then unlocks the Chiss species for other classes through the Legacy system, which is what the "level 10" refers to, the level at which you unlock the Legacy system.

What purchase are you referring to when you say "I bought it on my level ten character"? Did you buy the Cartel Market unlock?

EDIT: If you did buy the Cartel Market item, I think I know the issue. The Cartel Market item unlocks the species only for your legacy, which is server-wide. That is, it didn't unlock it for any other server.

Message 2 of 7 (440 Views)

★ Novice

other than pay to move my original character to the server I want to play on, is there a way to move the purchase?  None of my friends play on the server that character is on currently. 

Message 3 of 7 (427 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't think of any way other than contacting Customer Service to see if they can refund or move the unlock.

Message 4 of 7 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]

@VelocitiYRaptor 

Just to confirm when you buy a race unlock from the CM , after you claim the unlock it moves to that charcters inventory and yo uneed to consume the unlock from the inventory to apply it to the account

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 7 (405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Well in this case it would be applying to the legacy and not the account. If it hasn't been consumed I assume it would be easier for Customer Service to issue a refund than if it has been used.
Message 6 of 7 (395 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I used it assuming it would be account based and used it already.... So I submitted a ticket and called but they said they cant help because its an in game issue... so I just wait and hope some gets to my ticket. 

Message 7 of 7 (382 Views)