Re: I cannot get group xp

by Ian_DAFUQ

Original Post

I cannot get group xp

★ Novice
Hi guys. Just looking for a bit of guidance. I started playing with a friend tonight. He went a sith juggernaut and I picked a sith assassin. We were doing the first few quests on korriban together when I noticed I wasn't receiving any xp when grouped together but when disbanded I got xp just fine. My friend was getting xp for things I killed aswell as his own but I wasn't getting any at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (1,267 Views)

@GoreOner_BEC

Initially only thing I can think of is the level you are compared to friends level ? and then the level of targets you are killing

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 8 (1,262 Views)

★ Novice
We both started new characters at the same time. Now I am level 4 and he is level 6 as I am only getting xp from quest completion.
Message 3 of 8 (1,258 Views)

@GoreOner_BEC

Very odd 

The only thing you can do is trigger a file verification per this link and see if it has any affect

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 8 (1,246 Views)

Hero

@GoreOner_BEC

Can you check this other thread here and see if what suggested there resolves your issue or is the cause.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 5 of 8 (1,233 Views)

★ Novice
Hi there. This is the exact same problem and I have checked all the fly text options are turned on and it makes no difference.
Message 6 of 8 (1,226 Views)

Hero

@GoreOner_BEC

What does it show in the chat log of your general chat or the other tab?  Hover your mouse over the General or the Other tab, right click and then left click on "Chat Settings".  The last section "System Channels" the very first option "Combat Information".  Make sure that box is checked / orange square and then click ok and try again to see if any xp is reported for kills for either group or solo kills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 7 of 8 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wait if you help a guy in his quest, do both get xp or only the guy doing his quest? Because the quest the guy wants you helping him is in HIS mission log but not yours. It could be this case.

Message 8 of 8 (1,193 Views)