Game closes it self

by dennisan00

Original Post

Game closes it self

★★★ Novice

Every time I try to play, the game "closed" itself. I managed to log in, click on my character and when it is loading, thats when the game closes itself. How do I fix this problem? Not sure if its a bug, or something wrong with my computer? I also managed to fix my resolution. please answer quickly. 

Message 1 of 12 (633 Views)

Re: Game closes it self

EA Live QV Team

@dennisan00

So, the game is crashing during the loading screen. Not a very common issue, but there's a few things we can try, the first thing being a repair of the game client and files.

I'll paste @proxos666's repair instructions:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.
If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login, select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,
select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Message 2 of 12 (622 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is also a bug going on where alt tabbing while the game is loading or on the character screen will cause it to crash. If you tend to switch windows while waiting, try holding off on that until you get into the game next time.

Message 3 of 12 (609 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried the "Streaming Launcher". I deleted the Bitraider folder, and I started the launcher. When I logged in, it says it was "verifying". So I had to wait to it reached 100%. I chose my character and had to wait as usual. Then the game closed itself again. I right clicked the game, and saw that the bitraider folder were still there. I was sure I had deleted it. I dont know what to do now. I want to play the game real badly.

Message 4 of 12 (596 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@dennisan00

The BitRaider folder re-appearing is normal. Deleting the folder forces a repair scan and attempts to fix any potentially corrupted or damaged game files along the way.

As the repair didn't seem to fix it, we'll need to get a bit more technical. Could you attach a DxDiag and an MSInfo report to your next reply? (ignore the mentions of EA Help cases, just attach the files here)

Message 5 of 12 (587 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the files.

Message 6 of 12 (551 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@dennisan00

Aha! This could be an older issue with Intel trying to switch between the integrated graphics chipset and the dedicated video card on the fly, which the game doesn't really like.

So, you have an integrated Intel Graphics 4000 chipset and a dedicated NVIDIA 710M card, and we'll need to make your system prioritize the 710M card for the game via the NVIDIA Control Panel.

To do this, start here and in addition to the instructions there, under the "Global Settings" tab, choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the "Preferred graphics processor" dropdown menu.

Capture.JPG

Message 7 of 12 (540 Views)

★★★ Novice

So if I follow the tutorial, the game will work?

Message 8 of 12 (528 Views)

EA Live QV Team

It should at least rule out that particular issue being the cause. If it still crashes, we'll try something else Standard smile

Message 9 of 12 (516 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay. So I just have to wait for you guys to come up with a solution? Well then I will wait. But I dont want to wait for too long. I really want to play the game

Message 10 of 12 (508 Views)