Re: EA Customer service

by EA_Kat

Original Post

EA Customer service

★★★ Novice

The customer service for this game is beyond ridiculous. My Account is attached to a wrong EA Account, and EA account i don't use anymore. Because of that i couldn't subscribe. So figured i delete that EA account.

Contact EA support to get the EA account delete. The guy tells me that if i do that i can't use my star wars account anymore. Sure ill take the hit. Wanted to play a new character anyway and really wanted to make sure i don't have random accounts flying on the internet.

EA account deleted, but still have access to my Star wars account. Than the EA guy tells me oooo for that you need to contact Star Wars customer service. But those i can only call.... which is really irritating because english is not my native languese so that means always explaining things multiple times to get the message across. after indeed explaining with a bunch of awkwardness due to the langueses barrier.

That guy than fixes my issue that i can't subscribe. But when i try to subscribe i can see that it has a payment option with that wrong email address. I try to ask the guy to which EA account it's attached. I need to explain this multiple times because again language barrier. Not just from my side but that guy also didn't speak proper English.

Than he says i need to call again in 4 days because my account is up for deletion.... and he can only link it to my correct account when the unlinking is done...??? So now i spend half day trying to fix this and it's still not done. The only thing i want is setting things up in the right way. Im giving up on this game and EA's beyond ridiculous customer service.

The fact that you can only call is already not acceptable and that they than can't even help me is even stupider. 

Message 1 of 23 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hansbrak 

Ok not sure what your trying to do here 

The best of my knowledge is this 

If you delete the linked ea account that swtor account becomes permanently broken 

if you try to transfer that swtor account , it will become permanently broken

see https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/close-ea-account/

Deleting your EA Account will permanently break your Pogo or SW:TOR account. We cannot restore Pogo or SW:TOR accounts when this happens, so we recommend you keep your account active or temporarily deactivate it.

to restore that swtor account for purchasing you need to get the linked ea account active , otherwise you create a new swtor account is your solution.

EA support cannot help with Swtor accounts , only swtor support can ( they are different )

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 23 (668 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's not what I have been told. Look at the screenshot. Again I had contact with both EA customer service and with SWTOR. 

Message 3 of 23 (647 Views)

@hansbrak 

I am following up on that 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 23 (644 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

hey @hansbrak

Owen alerted me to your case. I am afraid what the agents told you is not correct. 

If you ask for a deletion of your EA account, your connected SWTOR account will also be deleted and can not be used anymore. 

Same goes for the SWTOR agent telling you that it can be relinked to your new EA account. This is not correct.

I am afraid you will need to start a new SWTOR account, as we will not be able to recover the 2nd one. I am terribly sorry that you were told that it could be linked again. I have passed it on that this kind of information is wrong and you should've never been told that. 

~Kat

Message 5 of 23 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice

To be clear i have two EA account. I want one EA account to be gone, since it's attached to an email address that's at least 15 years old by now and I'm never using it. This EA account is sort of the last thing i have attached to it. Beyond my SWTOR account their isn't anything linked to that. 

Message 6 of 23 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kat I'm super confused? Then what should i have done? Also, i can still log in to my Swtor account right now? This also means that if I would have wanted to make a new account I can't. Is there still something that can be done at this point?

To be clear my Swtor account and that EA account are not connected to the same email address. 

Also, can I get some compensation for this? I have this account since launch... Spend a lot of money on it.

Message 7 of 23 (624 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

ok, I was able to track down your conversation with the EA agent and in there you are asking for the SWTOR account to be deleted. 

I am kind of confused now, to be honest. 

Do you want your SWTOR account to be deleted or not?

Cause if you do, then I can go ahead with this and make sure it will get done this time around. 

If you do not, please let me know.

The one thing we can not do, is connect your old swtor account Tering to your new EA account as there already is another swtor account connected with it: Pflanz (its also very old)

It would not be possible to connect 2 swtor accounts to one ea account in any way, so you kinda have to decide what you would like to do now. 

~Kat

Message 8 of 23 (610 Views)

@hansbrak 

If you want to fix the swtor account tering and able to purchase , you just need to get the ea account arafinwe123 active , that is all that is needed to happen

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 23 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kat  I considered it at the end of the call. But then decided not to since i own this account since 2012.

Ideally we delete the Pflanz swtor account, and we attach T ering to Hansbrak

If that's not possible then i have no other choice but to delete the Hansbrak account Frown Since keeping the other EA account alive is not an option to me. 

My main priority is everything I still used attached to my main EA account so i don't run into these issues in the future. That's this EA account. I'm 110% sure that this is the right EA account since i can see my steam id and xbox id attached to it and i use those every week. 

Message 10 of 23 (577 Views)