Re: Cool Down Graphics and Timers Not Working Properly

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

Cool Down Graphics and Timers Not Working Properly

★ Novice

Hello,

I have been playing SWTOR for years. I recently just built a new computer. Everything has worked out pretty well. But I'm having one unusual issue with the game. My cool down graphics for my abilities are either not showing or they do not show the correct cool down timer.

Example: I hit vigilant thrust on my guardian and it will give me a timer anywhere from 10-15 sec, but the real cool down is only about 8 seconds so the timer graphic will disappear when the true cool down time is met. This is extremely frustrating when trying to perform rotations, as I never know when an ability is truly going to come off cool down.

I have:

- Tried the repair function on the launcher.

- Re-downloaded and installed the game.

- Resetting my UI.

- Changed my graphics options several times.

None of these have worked. I'm currently running the game on Windows 10 Pro.

Message 1 of 5 (1,736 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@coan0605 That's certainly an unusual one, can't say I've come across it before.

I know you've reset your UI, but have you tried loading any of the pre-loaded UI configurations (Advanced, Extended Quickbars, Retro, Enhanced, Default) from the Interface Editor?

You can also try out any combination of cooldown settings in the game's Preferences under User Interface:

Capture.JPG

Have a play around with those settings and see if anything changes or fixes the behavior of the cooldown timers. Let me know how you get on.

Message 2 of 5 (1,718 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your response!

I have tried messing around with the different UI options, and none of them fix this. I've attached a screen to show what I'm describing. I'm currently using style 4 (dark cool down with no overlay) of the cool down options. As you can see the graphic is going outside the range of the icon. The time it puts up for cool down isn't even consistent.

Message 3 of 5 (1,708 Views)

@coan0605 @EA_Kipling

Historically the only thing I have seen affect cool down timers is on overclocked systems and the frontside bus is not default.

Not sure if this is the case here but it is what I have noted over the years. 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 5 (1,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@proxos666

Interesting, @coan0605 any chance you have an overclocked system?

The only other possible thing I could think of is some sort of corruption of your GUI or Client settings. We can test that by just renaming the folder so you're not losing any saved settings or UIs.

Click the spoiler for the instructions.

Spoiler
1. Press Windows Key + R
2. In the run box that appears, paste the following line:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\
3. Click OK. A folder called 'Local' should open.
Find the folder named 'SWTOR' and rename it to something else, for example 'SWTOR-old'. The SWTOR folder will get automatically re-created with default values when the game next launches.

Message 5 of 5 (1,665 Views)