Re: Client does not start

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Client does not start

★★ Novice

Hey guys,

So I wanted to play swtor after a thew years again. I downloaded the Instalation file from the official website and installed the launcher normally. But when I wanted to start the Launcher it just doesent start. It asked me for admin rights and then just shut itself down. Ive tried to reinstall the launcher a coupl of times and alsow tried to install the Launcher on a diffrent Hard drive but nothing helped. I took a look into the log files and saw a interessting thing. The time in the logfile was 2 Hours behind real time and as a Timezone it stated "-120". My time on my PC and the Timezone is correct. Can anyone Help me here? 

Message 1 of 8 (583 Views)

Accepted Solution

@kasnimm 

Can you extract this repair utility into the swtor folder https://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/webassets/launcher/LauncherRepairUtilityU2021.0.27.exe

similar to 

1. The Launcher Repair Utility places the directory it is initially run in in the Destination Folder field by default. You can either move the .exe to the appropriate Game Install folder (see default locations below), or change the information within the Utility after it is run. Default locations:
    • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (473 Views)

All Replies

@kasnimm 

maybe try the repair utility at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/GUIDE-Launcher-Troubleshooting/m-p/4805820/hi...

also ensure the antivirus and firewall have exceptions for the launcher 

also see if any change under a clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 8 (543 Views)

★★ Novice
@proxos666 I did it all befor. Nothing helped.
Message 3 of 8 (513 Views)
Highlighted

@kasnimm 

can you provide a dxdiag per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/...

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 8 (508 Views)

★★ Novice

Sure

Message 5 of 8 (497 Views)

@kasnimm 

Can you extract this repair utility into the swtor folder https://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/webassets/launcher/LauncherRepairUtilityU2021.0.27.exe

similar to 

1. The Launcher Repair Utility places the directory it is initially run in in the Destination Folder field by default. You can either move the .exe to the appropriate Game Install folder (see default locations below), or change the information within the Utility after it is run. Default locations:
    • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 8 (474 Views)

@kasnimm 

Let me know what occurs after applying that repair utility

Can you confirm your windows version is up to date ? there is something odd with the version reporting

I do recognise the error you have with the swtor launcher, i just do not know why you have that error as it should not be occurring 

I have also flagged this thread with Swtor Support as well for their awareness

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 8 (464 Views)

★★ Novice
@proxos666 It worked!!!! I could start the Client normally through the repair tool. Thanks mate! Really appreciate your help! Just the best for you!
Message 8 of 8 (422 Views)