Re: Characters - all require renaming - normal?

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Characters - all require renaming - normal?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Old player returning after years. Is it normal that ALL my characters need to be renamed? I was, read am, rather attached to those names.

Who can I contact to see if they were all (also) used by someone else, and time has been the evil engineer here. Feels wrong that I would need to change my names ' just because'.

'Whatever my name is here' - the new registration has my 'names' spinning. Standard smile

(Now I see it is AARises - my AnotherAlt name Tongue out)

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@AARises 

server mergers in 2017 https://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002 

Character Names

In most cases, nothing will happen to your character name. Names will only be impacted when there are two of the exact same name on the new United Forces server at which point a governing system determines which character has priority:

• Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.
  • Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time.

To proactively offset unnecessary challenges around character names, we are initiating a process of removing names from long inactive accounts. Any character that has not logged in for 90-days or more which has not progressed beyond level 10 will be flagged to rename their character.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (300 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@AARises 

server mergers in 2017 https://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002 

Character Names

In most cases, nothing will happen to your character name. Names will only be impacted when there are two of the exact same name on the new United Forces server at which point a governing system determines which character has priority:

• Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.
  • Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time.

To proactively offset unnecessary challenges around character names, we are initiating a process of removing names from long inactive accounts. Any character that has not logged in for 90-days or more which has not progressed beyond level 10 will be flagged to rename their character.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)

★ Novice

Thx for the answer.

I had been a subscriber, but work kept me away from the more time-consuming games.

Sad to see all 5 of my characters had their names killed. It is hard to find a good name.

C'est la vie. And going to be a lot longer before I revive them. Names....

Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)