Cannot subscribe via website

by Drexxlo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot subscribe via website

★★★ Novice

Hello.

It has been a year or two since I last played but I decided a few days ago to start playing again.

But there is a problem in that I cannot subscribe. It always throws an error at my face. 

SWTOR display name: hawkycz

Message 1 of 78 (4,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot subscribe via website

@Drexxlo 

To fix the account for future purchases,  You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that uses the same SEZNAM email address you have used on the swtor account

use the following link (insert the swtor email address) to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 3 of 78 (4,141 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.

SWTOR display name: Abiss_KarMa

Message 2 of 78 (4,158 Views)

@Drexxlo 

To fix the account for future purchases,  You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that uses the same SEZNAM email address you have used on the swtor account

use the following link (insert the swtor email address) to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

for future purchases, use incognito mode on chrome initially if you purchase on swtor.com to be sure browser cache and cookies is cleared

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 3 of 78 (4,142 Views)

@57xnx068u9ss 

To fix the account for future purchases,  You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona 00ninjatac68 (not 57xnx068u9ss your posting on now) that EA account uses a Gmail email address

use the following link to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 78 (4,134 Views)

★★★ Novice
@proxos666 Thank you very much! It worked.
Message 5 of 78 (4,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the same situation. 

I downloaded and subscribed through steam, but the subscription isn't taking affect. 

SWTOR display name: Monkjosh 

EA account and SWTOR account use the same email address. 

Message 6 of 78 (3,990 Views)

@witcjd01 

To fix the account You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that account has the persona monk0209 (not witcjd01 your posting on now) that EA account uses a y7mail.com email address (different email to what is on your swtor account)

use the following link to reset the password then login on that EA account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

When i checked they also did not have an email from you for the steam purchase per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Steam-Purchase-Not-Working/td-p/9356718/...

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 78 (3,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have an issue with my subscription. I'm getting the same error on my two different cards.

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one."

I've tried resetting my EA password and logging in with incognito mode to subscribe via the website, but it didn't worked.

My username: Shutterguts
Also, I've changed my email and region recently in case this may cause a problem.

Message 8 of 78 (3,825 Views)

@Farseer_Rook 

To fix the account You need to reset the password on the linked EA account persona wulrick that account uses a mail.ru email different but similar to the gmail email to swtor 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 78 (3,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Okay. Thanks for some clearance, now it is working. So it turns out I have two EA accounts. And SWTOR is using my old EA account that I no longer use. This auto-linking to EA account is somewhat subtle. Probably no, but is there a way to relink SWTOR to my current EA account?

EDIT: Googled and got answer. I'm stuck with a dead EA account. 

Thanks for your time anyway
Best regards

Message 10 of 78 (3,794 Views)