Re: Cannot insert Security Key on web

by WedgeAntill3s

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot insert Security Key on web

★★★★ Novice

Good evening,

I have a new notebook and I installed a SWTOR on it without any problem. But I have a problem when I try to login to my account on swtor.com, because I am unable to type in my security key. Since my notebook is only 14", I don´t have a numeric keyboard. And when I am trying to type it in by SHIFT + NUMBER (in the keys above normal keyboard), nothing happens. I am from Czech Republic and have czech layout, but even when I try to change keyboard to english layout, the upper keys are not working in the Security key window. But I am able to write numbers by both ways to name and also password. The only way to login is to write down the key in notepad and copy and paste it to the window.

I know that it´s not such big issue, but if there is some other way to write numbers in the key window, I would be very happy to know it Standard smile

Message 1 of 16 (898 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Sorry I didn´t reply sooner, but I have lot of work to do and forget about this :/ Anyway, I haven´t tried anything new since I updated the graphic drivers. Nothing changed with the screen issue until today. Few minutes ago I opened the launcher, launched the game and it normally started. No black screen, no need to CTRL+ALT+DELETE, nothing Standard smile So that´s good and I really appreciate your help Standard smile Even though I really don´t know what or how could helped since I made no changes in the computer for last two weeks :D

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,074 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@WedgeAntill3s

Only thing i can think of is if your using windows 10 , press the windows key and type onscreen the onscreen keyboard app should be listed

Have you tried a different webbrowser at all ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 16 (886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, that´s what I forget to mention: I tried to log in on Opera and Google Chrome. Now I tried also explorer, but still nothing. I tried also that onscreen keyboard, with no result. So guess I´ll have to stay with copy and paste :/

Message 3 of 16 (873 Views)

@WedgeAntill3s

What a bizarre issue, wouldnt mind having a deeper look , can you tell me what the exact model of the laptop is and the OS

If you can also provide a dxdiag per this link

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 16 (863 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, it´s really bizarre issue :/ Especialy that the Security Code "window" is the only thing where I cannot type it in. And only in the website, in the launcher, it´s working normally. Anyway, my laptop is:

HP Pavilion 14-al101nl Grey 14"

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I am also adding requested DxDiag Standard smile

Message 5 of 16 (840 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, now it came across my mind: I don´t know if it have anything to do with this issue, probably not. But I have also small "issue" with launcher. When I launch the game, I got black screen only with cursor visible. And I have to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and launch task manager and after that click the opened SWTOR icon on "lower panel" (sorry, don´t know how it´s called properly in english :/) to get the normal SWTOR loading screen on.

Message 6 of 16 (840 Views)

@WedgeAntill3s

Look forward to the dxdiag , with the launch issue, when you press play and it goes to the black screen what occurs if you press the ALT + Enter keys (may need to press twice) does this bring the game back up in window mode ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 16 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, sorry, I made that DxDiag, but I forget to attach it to the comment :D Sorry.

Anyway, tried that ALT+ENTER now and I still have black screen, but when I tried the CTRL+ALT+DELETE and "opened" the running game, it was windowed.

Message 8 of 16 (820 Views)

@WedgeAntill3s

This link should be the newest intel driver for the 620 card and this is the latest nvidia driver link , see if that helps with the blackscreen issue initially

Install the Intel driver first then the Nvidia one

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 16 (816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay. Before I will try this, I want to ask: should I uninstall the drivers I have now or can I install these new ones directly "over it"? Standard smile I have no experience with this, so I want to rather as than ruin new laptop :D

Message 10 of 16 (797 Views)