Re: Can't see the game window

by Jilliedurp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't see the game window

★★ Novice

I open the launcher, it does it's thing, I wait for it to check if there's patches, and when it figures out that everything is up to date, I click Play and then my screen blinks with the resolution changes and then all I see is my desktop with HUGE icons, and the game window is this itsy bitsy eeny teeny tiny sliver of a window in the top left hand corner and I can't see *! 😕 I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but that didn't work.

Message 1 of 5 (470 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
I did get it fixed last night with deleting the client details file. Apparently it was glitches right from installation because I only had one option for the resolution. All fixed now though.

Thank you!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (532 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Hi! So i think this is problems with resolution, try like this= click with right button on swtor label, then click on "fix compatibility issues" ( some thing like that, I'm sorry cuz I'm using windows with another language and cannot know right names) so after that choose second one "diagnostics program" then choose "The program opens but is not displayed correctly" and after that try two variants frist one "program opening in smal resolution window 640x480 pixels second one program does not work correctly with using large fonts.

Hopefully it will help)

Message 2 of 5 (453 Views)

★★ Novice
This hasn't worked for me. It doesn't give me the option of selecting any kind of resolution when I try to troubleshoot the problem
Message 3 of 5 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jilliedurp 

When the screen enlarges on clicking play press ALT + Enter keys 

Otherwise Start with the guide at this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

★★ Novice
I did get it fixed last night with deleting the client details file. Apparently it was glitches right from installation because I only had one option for the resolution. All fixed now though.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 5 (533 Views)