Can't log on with new account

by Matthew8764

Original Post

Can't log on with new account

★ Novice

Hey guys I downloaded TOR a couple of weeks ago because my friend wanted me try it so he could have someone to play with. So when I launched it on steam it opened the SWTOR launcher and I saw I had to create a new account, so I did, I went to the website and made a OR account. I then tried logging on on the launcher and it gave me error of "The display name, password, or security key you have entered is incorrect. Please confirm your login information". I know I am entering the correct info, so its not that. Its a fresh account and I have never played TOR before so its not like another account its linked to my steam or my OR is linked to a different steam account. I thought, maybe just give it time to process but i've been trying all of today again and it just not working, I really want to try this game but it literally not letting me play it.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Message 1 of 6 (510 Views)

Re: Can't log on with new account

Hero

@Matthew8764 

Just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to log into the game?  If not have you tried a password reset to see if that clears the issue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 6 (452 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah it hasn't fixed itself at all, even created new SWTOR accounts, gonna un and reinstall the game on steam, if it doesn't work then im honestly giving up on this game completely 

Message 3 of 6 (398 Views)

Hero

@Matthew8764 

Even a brand new account you cannot login via swtor.com?

Are the logins similar to ones you've used in other places?  Only reason I ask is because I had issues before with my browser trying to override my info because it was trying to used saved info from another site.

Only thing I can suggest is just to see if you can login via swtor.com on another browser as well as a password reset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 6 (388 Views)

★ Novice

I can log in to the website but cannot get into the game

Message 5 of 6 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Matthew8764 

you can only login on one account via steam , so the first one you logged in with should be linked to steam , to use a different account you need to go to swtor.com and unlink that account

go to 

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time 

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok 

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

See what "Username"_Account.ini exists there that should have all the accounts used to login on that system , so it should be one of them 

If you install the game with the standalone installer from swtor.com outside of steam the logins ahould work

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 6 (370 Views)