Can't get swtor to send validation email.

by Neptune443

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get swtor to send validation email.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've tried several times on several different email addresses to get a validation with no luck. I can't get a response email from SWTOR to validate. I've even tried threw my phone in case it was my computer messing up. i type in the email address, page says wait for email to come in it will take a few mins, but no email ever comes.

Yahoo didn't work. Hotmail didn't work. Gmail DID work but when i hit "validate" i get a message. "An error has occurred" .

any clues or suggestions?

Message 1 of 16 (28,772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get swtor to send validation email.

EA Live QV Team

@420692101

What you can do is reset the password on the prior account you mentioned, change email on that account to a throwaway email address, which should free up the email to use on your primary account.

View in thread

Message 5 of 16 (29,636 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem... trying to swap email to my main account, but i never received the confrimation email. I've tried asking for help on twitter, finding other information on the internett, but nothing is working. Does someone know how to fix this?

Message 2 of 16 (28,722 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Neptune443 You might need to wait about 10 minutes after receiving the email, before you click on the validation link/button. Hopefully that works.

@420692101 Can you try validating a brand new email address, one that you haven't used on EA or SWTOR before?

Message 3 of 16 (28,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ive used it on a prior account, one that i dont remember the password for and because i dont use it. If that is the problem, do you have any solution for this problem? It would be highy beneficial for me to use my main email insted of my spam.
Message 4 of 16 (28,668 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@420692101

What you can do is reset the password on the prior account you mentioned, change email on that account to a throwaway email address, which should free up the email to use on your primary account.

Message 5 of 16 (29,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that worked. Thank you for your help man

Message 6 of 16 (28,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same I try and subscribe and they told me to validate my email but I either don't get the email on my yahoo and gmail email accounts or when I do get them it gives me an error. I really someone to give me a step by step tutorial or something because I am really getting frustrated over this small broken thing that EA can't fix someone please help 

Message 7 of 16 (26,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nevermind I fixed it I had to make a new email address 

Message 8 of 16 (26,371 Views)

★ Novice

I ended up using an alternate yahoo email account I use as a backup in case my Gmail gets compromised, but yeah with Gmail the email would never show up days after requesting

Message 9 of 16 (22,126 Views)

Hero

@keshka4life1 

If you're using Gmail, you can use either googlemail.com or gmail.com as the same address, or you can add/remove dots: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 10 of 16 (22,109 Views)