Re: Can't get into my account due to " One time Code "

by Belgorad

Original Post

Can't get into my account due to " One time Code "

★ Novice

Hello, 

I'm trying to recover my account I have filled in the display name and password properly but it's then asking for a one time code or something which I don't have access to that email address anymore as it's a very old account, but I have no idea how to reset or or change it or do anything and I can't afford to pay the money to phone up to ask for help, would love some assistance with this, thanks. 

Message 1 of 6 (494 Views)

Hero

@Lawrack1997 

If your not able to log into swtor.com to get access to your account, if you have a linked EA account, you can go to the about me section and change your email address there.  If your EA account is not linked then the only option would be to call Customer Service.

For security purposes they can only assist with this via phone.  Their contact info is here and if you need you can use Skype, WhatsApp or another VoIP program to call for free or at a discounted rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 6 (465 Views)

★ Novice

Alright so the email that's connected to the account is the one I am able to access but it's not sending me the one time code so I can get past the launcher however when I go to change my email address it has to send me another code but that works and a new code comes in but for some reason i'm not getting any emails to get into my account. 

Message 3 of 6 (407 Views)

Hero

@Lawrack1997 

If you are not receiving the one time password emails to that email address, try the steps in this guide here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 4 of 6 (400 Views)

★ Novice
@Belgorad Tried all the steps in the guide then I just said to myself might as well phone up customer service and when i'm on the phone I cannot understand the other person at all, it's really muffled and there is alot of noise and shouting in the background.
Message 5 of 6 (372 Views)

Hero

@Lawrack1997 

The only thing I can think of is a bad connection.  I would try again and see if your able to get a better connection.  Are you able to log into your account on swtor.com to try to change your email to a different one to see if it's sent there?

– Yoda

Message 6 of 6 (360 Views)