Re: Can't Log into account on website and in-game

by Belgorad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Log into account on website and in-game

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having some trouble doing anything account related at the moment after coming back from a long break to SWTOR. Whenever I log into the website it redirects me and won't let me log in (even after reseting my password). Then, when I try to log onto the launcher it gives me the error "There is a problem, with your account. Please check your email for instructions" to which I am greeted to no email. Any help would be really appreciated!

Message 1 of 6 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@greenpat7 

The error you are getting means that your account has either been suspended or banned.  You can try calling customer service as per the info here.  It may be something simple they can fix over the phone.  You can also use Skype, WhatsApp or another VoIP program to be able to call for free or at a discounted rate.

If your not able to get it resolved over the phone, then you will need to email swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com with your Display Name, the email for your account and that you would like to have the ban / suspension removed.  They can further investigate your account that way and provide what is going on.  It may take 2 - 3 business days for a response on average.

@ShamrockAbdiel 

Yours of not receiving the one time password is a different issue.  Try the steps in this guide here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (547 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem. Coincidence? Servers gone awry or something? Not getting any one time password emails either :/

Message 2 of 6 (578 Views)

Hero

@greenpat7 

The error you are getting means that your account has either been suspended or banned.  You can try calling customer service as per the info here.  It may be something simple they can fix over the phone.  You can also use Skype, WhatsApp or another VoIP program to be able to call for free or at a discounted rate.

If your not able to get it resolved over the phone, then you will need to email swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com with your Display Name, the email for your account and that you would like to have the ban / suspension removed.  They can further investigate your account that way and provide what is going on.  It may take 2 - 3 business days for a response on average.

@ShamrockAbdiel 

Yours of not receiving the one time password is a different issue.  Try the steps in this guide here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 3 of 6 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I went ahead and just created a new email + account. No idea why mine is restricted but I was literally coming back to start a new character and I'm on a free account so... 

I talked to support on the phone, and they couldn't even find why it was restricted nor could they remove the restriction. A+ lmao

Message 4 of 6 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's all good now, went onto the phone with support and they fixed my account. Thanks for the help everyone!

Message 5 of 6 (531 Views)

Hero

@ShamrockAbdiel 

If you are getting the error "There is a problem, with your account. Please check your email for instructions" and customer service can't fix it over the phone, email the above email address and provide the info needed and they should be able to assist further from there.  Not all restrictions can be fixed via phone and some require to email that email address.

– Yoda

Message 6 of 6 (524 Views)