Re: Authenticator app keeps asking for an activation code

by Aelirenn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Authenticator app keeps asking for an activation code

★★★ Apprentice

I upgraded my phone yesterday so I removed the authentication key from my account before hand.  After I got the new phone set up I set up the authentication app on the phone and added it to my swtor account.  The first time I logged in to the game today the app asked for an activation code again.  I figured I missed a step, so I repeated the process this morning, removing the security key from my account and then adding it again. I put in the activation code and all was well.  This evening, it is asking for the activation code again.  I get that the authentication app is amazingly good because even I can't get in my account, however I don't think it is supposed to be asking for this code over and over again.  Help please.  ios version of the app.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (1,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Aelirenn 

you will need to delete the app and then install the app again each time you try to add the key 

otherwise you can use google auth or other similar apps as well you do not need to use the swtor app 

see https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-SWTOR-Security-Key-Issues/m-p/4833445#M7...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,798 Views)

All Replies

@Aelirenn 

you will need to delete the app and then install the app again each time you try to add the key 

otherwise you can use google auth or other similar apps as well you do not need to use the swtor app 

see https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-SWTOR-Security-Key-Issues/m-p/4833445#M7...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (1,799 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@proxos666 Thanks, I didn't realize I could use google now.
Message 3 of 3 (1,771 Views)