Re: Artifact Authorizion Bug

by SerenityofLight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Artifact Authorizion Bug

★★★ Guide

Hello, I'm noticing that some of the level 65 green and blue gear is showing artifact authorization restrictions. Implants and Earpieces are definitely affected.

Message 1 of 10 (963 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA SWTOR Team

Heya @SerenityofLight I know I am late for this party and you probably still have this issue, but I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this bug and aim for a fix in patch 5.2.2

The gear should then no longer be labeled as artifact and you can equip it without any problems. I sure hope you were still able to get through the story (but with a level 50 companion, I am sure you did)

~Kat

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (861 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I always thought purple items are artifacts. 

Do you got a screenshot of that? It might be that they are wrongly labeled and should have that purple outline :/

Message 2 of 10 (947 Views)

★★★ Guide

Purple items are artifact quality and most of them require the authorization. However, in cases like this there's a bug that puts the requirement on things that shouldn't have it, like the one that hit color crystals. As I am also having trouble with the game randomly stopping on me, I can't get in long enough to make a screenshot.

Message 3 of 10 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@kirara_flik

Alright, the game finally let me in and it seems I have two characters with the problem. On one character I have the blue Outlander Proficient Metamorphic Cell Package that has an item rating for 220. on the other character, I have the Outlander Adept Device MK-1 and Outlander Targeter's Device MK-1 blue earpieces both item rating 200. I can't find the green piece that was bugged, so I might have sold it to a vendor.

Here's a screenshot of what I get with one of the pieces. http://imgur.com/a/S0cym

Message 4 of 10 (934 Views)

★★★★ Guide

huh, that is indeed weird :/

dont think there is anything we can do here as this seems to be a bug in the game.

maybe its connected to the required level as well, but I would say its a bug as this would be way to punishing for preferred players

Message 5 of 10 (910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think it may simply be an oversight. I got the expansion as part of the Twitch promotion. Without that promotion I would have had to have been a subscriber to get to level 66+ and have access to these items. If all the players for some content are subs you don't have to check artifact status as they can automatically use artifact quality items. I think they just forgot to double check some flags after running the promotion.

Message 6 of 10 (900 Views)

★★★★ Guide

aye, I can see that happen as well, tbh. 

Still not a nice thing to have, especially when it came with a promotion. 

Are you still able to get through the chapters or is that too hard now?

Message 7 of 10 (891 Views)

★★★ Guide

@kirara_flik

I can still get through content but I do take a lot more damage even in story mode than normal. Now that you've mentioned it, the gear thing is probably why. Fortunately for me though, I have a 50 influence companion to help offset any particularly difficult parts. Nevertheless, I was able to manage even in the parts where Theron was required and he was only 9 influence.

I should probably add that my main is a Seer Sage though. I could heal myself to compensate. I imagine it  would be brutal without a comp set to healing or only using DPS and Tank between player and companion. That may be something that needs to be quickly looked at for people who main DPS and Tank Classes.

Message 8 of 10 (882 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

Heya @SerenityofLight I know I am late for this party and you probably still have this issue, but I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this bug and aim for a fix in patch 5.2.2

The gear should then no longer be labeled as artifact and you can equip it without any problems. I sure hope you were still able to get through the story (but with a level 50 companion, I am sure you did)

~Kat

Message 9 of 10 (862 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you @EA_Kat . The heads up is much appreciated as is the fix. I did notice one stop gap seemed to have been added in before the 5.2.2 fix. When I first posted this bug I didn't have bolster anymore because I was level 70. When I went into a SF a day or so ago I noticed that I had it again despite level. It seems to have helped. Now I only nearly die when I forget to resummon my companion on a new level.

Thanks. Good to see responses like this on the Answers Hub too.

Message 10 of 10 (827 Views)