Alacrity/Critical/Power/Mastery Equations

by srgtkailone

Original Post

Alacrity/Critical/Power/Mastery Equations

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, I hope y'all are doing OK!

I'm currently working on developing a tool that optimizes stat numbers based on accuracy and alacrity values input by the user, along with a stat priority input by said user.  I have developed a method to obtain the ideal number of accuracy and alacrity augments for two cases:  a) maximizing critical, and b) maximizing power.  However, this does not seem too useful, due to the whole deal with diminishing returns.  Essentially, the question that needs to be axked is "At what point does adding extra power, mastery, or alacrity yield less DPS than adding extra critical" or vice versa, but simply optimizing by priority does not really address that question and can lead to subpar builds.  As such, I think it would be a lot more useful to optimize for a build based on overall DPS instead of individual stat priorities.

That said, developing such a solver has one very major (and obvious) setback:  I do not know the functions that convert alacrity/power/mastery/critical ratings to their respective percentages or damage bonuses.  I could theoretically look at all of my irating 306 DPS/healing characters, but the data points would be too chunky to be of any use without some form of exponential regression, and performing regression on the data points is not only somewhat unreliable, but it also assumes that the functions are actually exponential.  Because of this, I was wondering if anyone knew the exact equations that perform these conversions.  Help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 3 (272 Views)

Re: Alacrity/Critical/Power/Mastery Equations

Hero

@srgtkailone 

I don't know if this is something that would be provided but your best bet is to email communitysupport@swtor.com and see if that is something they can give out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (196 Views)

Re: Alacrity/Critical/Power/Mastery Equations

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Yeah, I was definitely considering that, but I figured it would be better to ask around on some forums first before deciding to contact support.  Thank you!

Cheers

Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)