Wishlist for 2023

by misterflugietime

Original Post

Re: Wishlist for 2023

★★ Guide

Someone had said earlier that they had hoped it went to PC.. Someone after had said if this happens there should be a way to turn off playing them due to what was mentioned earlier. I wouldn't like to play anyone on PC through my Xbox

Message 31 of 50 (1,842 Views)

★★ Guide

Go back to how it was during release.. Loved it then. Force AI to actually play. Goalie swap during online games. New commentary. Different challenges other than the same repeating ones. Better "play of the period" animations/ player reactions. Fix the center getting stuck on the opposing center after faceoffs. Id be so happy though with how it was during release. Think I'll wait to see how the next one will be first for free before buying it this time. Just my opinion as a first time player and compared to madden and other UT modes, i really hope they put more into it

Message 32 of 50 (1,518 Views)

★ Guide

Offline play to be 'offline' not against an online leaderboard. 

This is done in fifa and madden and we even have it in Rush, so ea know how to do it. Yet not in squad battles.

Message 33 of 50 (1,337 Views)

★★ Guide

goalies need to be a better man, it's the same thing each year, when the year ends the game is garbo goalies, please make them harder to score on, at least beef them up man, have you seen how real goalie plays like he's really hard to score on.

Message 34 of 50 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

We need NHL on PC. Top Priority.

Message 35 of 50 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I second the ability to upload custom images for team logos; I also think that we should be able to upload custom goal songs for created teams and have the ability to trim them to play a certain part of the song.

Message 36 of 50 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Novice
@misterflugietime "How switching players works - if I push my thumbstick in a specific direction and press whatever button I have assigned to switch players, it should go to that player I am aiming the thumbstick at. Currently it seems like the game is randomly deciding who it should switch to and in the vast majority of cases it is completely the wrong choice and has led to more goals than I could ever count. One of the most frustrating parts of gameplay is this garbage."

I'm 99% sure you actually do control which player you switch to but its with the right stick instead of the left stick which is kindve strange. I feel like i figured this out recently after about 10 years of playing.
Message 37 of 50 (1,136 Views)

★★ Novice

- Fix online modes - no more loses out of the blue due to connection error, fighting glitching, etc. that prevents actual records to reflect the team.

- Add a puck control clock that drops the puck carrier's puck control attribute over time(-1/s), plus major penalties (-3 or 4) per Deke, etc. to avoid hogging

- Bring back NHL-gear OTP, if you insist on ODR, make use full gear, not hoodies, and at night, so the lighting is even over the rink.

- Add the option to Report Poor Gamemanship on top of names.

- Faster Goalie animation and recovery

- Bring back the 'Alternate' controls where Hitting was with RB/R1 instead of RS, which creates a lot interference calls in the slot

- Speaking of Interference calls - could you get it right? Either you need to maul someone to get it or you breath next to someone... btw, stick battles aren't interference and the way the scheme is done in the game, it should never be penalized.

- In Drop-ins - remove goalie fighting and call for pass from AI G

- Multiple fight prompts should results in Unsportsmanlike penalties

- Removal of pauses. Allow players to 'bench themselves' to pause instead.

- Tweak the auto-kick to instead being benched.

- Have a quitting penalty that result in loss of X-Factor and/or attributes for a period of time

- Prevent only one goalie to enter a lobby in Drop-Ins

- A quitting goalie should trigger the goalie change animation/scene.

- In Offline modes, Goalie switch should be done without pausing

- In Online Mode, time outs should be usable without pausing

- In Franchise, you should be able to lock players into position/lines you want and them not be affected by the Best Lines.

Message 38 of 50 (1,096 Views)

★★ Guide
@NX7XV3 That's such a weird thing to say. PCphobic or something? If the game was on PC, I'd be happy to play with console players.
Message 39 of 50 (1,086 Views)

★★ Guide

can we get stats for

shot attempts 

slot shots

shot chances

rush chances

shot blocks

for NHL 23 too

Message 40 of 50 (1,042 Views)