Re: Strategies in NHL 23

by Caliboy6262_714

Original Post

Strategies in NHL 23

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Are they going to fix strategies in the game so we can go back and edited them like we did in previous games? (picture I’ve provided.)  

Message 1 of 188 (12,635 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Andochiefs Nope, they’ve confirmed that it’s completely intentional that we can’t change strategies. They actively chose to take this feature away from us. They don’t want us to be able to customize or choose how we play the game.
Message 2 of 188 (12,583 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@heavydutyrammer are you joking, where did you see that
Message 3 of 188 (12,549 Views)

Community Manager

@thegarden94 

The reasoning behind this is that you're not playing the rule of the coach so it's up to the coach to handle strategies.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 188 (12,526 Views)

★★ Pro

You’re not the coach, but you do still get to decide who plays on what line and players will come to you to complain about ice time.

We also assign you a random coach and don’t offer any replacement options.

Also, you are only the GM, but make sure the facility is maintained.

Not a shot at you @EA_Aljo , but this sure is some kind of EA logic.

Message 5 of 188 (12,507 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Aljo , that’s fine and all. The problem is when you fire your coach, and hire a new one the strategies DO NOT change to the new coaches preferences.

that means we are stuck with the same default strategies of our first coach for the duration of franchise mode. 

That means that if I have a defensive coach but want to switch to an offensive strategy set I cannot, no matter who I hire.

at least last year I could manually change my line strategies and defensive instructions to match my new coach.

how do you guys not see this as a problem?

Message 6 of 188 (12,477 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Caliboy6262_714 Does the new coaches strategies appear in the season after you hired him?
Message 7 of 188 (12,457 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately not. Tested and confirmed 

Message 8 of 188 (12,448 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Lol, weak.

Message 9 of 188 (12,439 Views)

Betreff: Strategies in NHL 23

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

on series x same problem, i fired my headcoach to get other strategys, but they did not change... still the same strategy from the old headcoach... EA, please fix this

btw.... seriously.... fireing a headcoach to get other strategys???? come on... that cannot be intended EA... :D

(CM: Posts shared in a row have been merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 10 of 188 (12,393 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help