Quality of Life Requests - Little things that make a big difference

by Wobblaa

Original Post

Re: Quality of Life Requests - Little things that make a big difference

★★★ Pro
@johum2886 Yeah there’s absolutely no immersion or challenge when the game holds your hand and forces you to be the next mcdavid.. there’s no fun with that…
Playing in the juniors and earning your draft spot was the best part of the Be a Pro mode in my opinion.. so stupid of them to take it out.. very bad decision..
Message 21 of 29 (2,258 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, whatever the reason, I would rather have it in there. I can only guess that people complained that they were in the minors for too long or sent to the minors at all. A 68 rated player should not be in the show.. 

Message 22 of 29 (2,250 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Javiair yes, but if you're good enough, you will be. Overall shouldn't matter, performance should
Message 23 of 29 (2,230 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not only that, but they also scammed their European fanbase; The game trailers for NHL 21 said you could play in Europe... but didn't disclose that it's only a handful of games in the Champions Hockey League- no one knew that was the case until the game came out,  and by then, it was already  too late.

Message 24 of 29 (1,347 Views)

★ Novice

I used to love spending a couple of seasons in the minors before getting drafted. This year’s game has also been far too easy to get 1st and 2nd pick. I played as the Cardiff Devils and got sent off for fighting in the first period and we lost…how am I still no.1 after that?

Message 25 of 29 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Pro
@wordsfromme Yeah the game is really boring now… so easy to become #1… really lame and unimaginative…
Message 26 of 29 (1,260 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So first I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions and keeping my original post alive, and I'd also like to add a few more things. 

11. Playing on the classic camera view, when I Sim to my next shift, I can almost never see my guy come off the bench. Like if the team is in the offensive zone, my player comes out but the camera stays focused on the puck and not me. It's annoying if the play starts coming back down I don't know where to go yet since I can't see where I am. Hockey is played in a lot of split second decisions and I can easily miss a poke or a hit because I'm not lined up right.

12. I've noticed this in every mode I play. On the faceoff there's sometimes a stat thing that pops up in the faceoff circle showing the power play/penalty kill percentage. It's almost always wrong. Or it'll show my PP percentage while I'm on the penalty kill and vice versa.

13. Considering that, in be a pro and franchise, when they show the Conn Smythe trophy presentation, it'll show the stats. But yet for some reason it's never accurate. Why is it so difficult to show the real amount of goals/assists?

14. The personality tab. In the top right of be a pro it shows my personality as rebel. I've seen cornerstone and a couple others as well, but there's nothing elaborating on this. Is it just for show? Does it affect gameplay at all?

15. Because I made this post about the little things I'm going to mention on the right side panel of the screen, it shows my stats, likeablity, lineup status and all that, but the clear/grey background isn't even covering the whole menu there. It just looks so off.

16. In the main menu during a playoff series, it'll show your teams playoff record. But if I'm past the second round, I'd like to see the best of 7 record I have going on with that team. I don't care if they're 12-2 throughout the playoffs, I want to see how this exact series is going. Like show me if I'm down 3-1 or something. There's a lot of times where I won't play for a couple weeks, come back on and I'll either have to open the calendar and see how many wins and losses I have versus this team, or open the stats central and scroll to the right to see what our series is at.

17. Teammate challenges or media challenges. The last game I played, my teammate gave me a challenge to block two shots. Sure, no problem. Two minutes into the game I was forced into a fight from a big hit I made, then got injured (please show us the injury report). I simulated to the next game and my teammate was mad I didn't block any shots, and my character just responded with "it's harder than it looks". Like I was injured almost right away in the game, maybe cut me some slack?

At the risk of maybe copying what someone else has already written I'll stop here for now, but I just have one more thing to say.

I understand there's a deadline on sports games, they get released every year, so it's hard to fit a million new features every time. But this is EA, it's one of the biggest game companies in the world, and this be a pro mode we've received the past two years is honestly looking more like an early access steam game. It's full of bugs, missing features, and from this end it looks like a very lazy attempt at making a game.

I don't personally have any business or game development degrees, but I can understand the fact they want to make as much money as possible, that's just business. It just seems to me after 20+ years of making a hockey game, you would think a lot of these little bugs would be ironed out before release, and not kept in the game for multiple years.

I don't think I can be mad anymore, I'm just disappointed that such a big company could release such a subpar product. 

Message 27 of 29 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

18. This goes for be a pro and franchise, let us see box scores of past games. 

Message 28 of 29 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had heard bad feedback from the new NHL be a pro, but I finally found time to give it a try and I am staggered by how truly terrible some of it is, which is tragic because the mode is fun and I even feel the gameplay is decent. So it makes it worse because you want to play but the execution is so terrible that I don't want play anymore after I got drafted and saw the cutscenes and everything else.

1. Overwhelmingly I dislike being forced to be the number one player and only getting to play Memorial cup or Champions playoff. Atrocious decision to force this on us.

2. What is the point of any conversation in an supposedly interactive mode when you have no choice? Have devs ever played any video game ever? Give me conversation options! Basic basic basic.

3. What do the points I am given in the off season or for practice mean when I have no choice in any of it. Why are there no drill or practice to do only games?

4. Clown tier effort for questions, interviews, team interactives. Have devs ever had conversations with people or see them in the media? Embarrassing.

5. I did lol when the lady gm of the Sabres changed her name between pre and post draft! 

6. Why is there no proper animation for the draft where I come up in my suit and put on the jersey. Have you never seen the draft? 

7. The game goals are laughable. I can promise to play hockey or score a goal, and if I don't score a goal I am ridiculed. Perhaps it is possible to play well even if one does not score.

8. Conversely, if I have no ability to play defense or let my man go or make bad turnovers, somehow this is never recognized. If a defender did these things often in the Memorial cup do you think they would go number one?

9. Why does nothing happen between periods? no locker room stuff, no interviews.

10. Why would I ever want to play with more than one person? Is this even and option anyway and if it were it would be the same? Before they ruined MLB the show's player mode they did it well. 

Message 29 of 29 (960 Views)