Re: Please Adjust EASHL Drop-In Games

by l1amevr9kd58

Original Post

★ Guide

This really only benefits those low level players.  

If I get put into a lobby with low level players against a team with all mid to high level players of course I’m going to back out.  Odds are it’s not going to be a fair matchup especially for example if I have a LV 5 Centre and/or a LV 5 Goalie up against a P5 in either of those positions.  

Or too many times I’ve seen low level Dman that pick the Enforcer build because most likely I know they’re not going to try to play any hockey and just goon it up.  This would be a waste of my time so I back out of a lobby when I see players as such. 

Other times I’ve been put into a lobby where one team has all P4 & 5 players which in most times they’re a stacked club team.  I only stick around for those if I’m confident in my teammates but that’s rare and usually results in a unfair matchup anyway.  

Not disclosing such details in EASHL playoffs works because the matchmaking system is more accurate due to divisions etc. For drop ins I notice EA’s matchmaking system isn’t really effective.  

Message 11 of 17 (2,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Something needs to be done. I don't know what it is, but some form of penalty against a player for quitting. I'm sick of playing drop ins and spending all of that time, just for the opposing team to quit at the end. And whoever remains gets nothing, because other people ruin it. 

And the human goalie vs AI should have some solution to it too, because it isn't always fair to have one human goalie and one NPC. Again, I'm not certain what suggestions I have for either of these, but something that will make an impact on the player. 

I do agree with the person on here who said making some type of consecutive game completion reward would actually likely hurt the gameplay. Especially for the losing team. People will stay in but get continuous penalties, causing more stoppages, and frustrating the people who are just trying to play a game.

At the very least, if no penalty for quitters, reward the people that finish the game. There's no reason why I should end up on an "End of Game" menu after people quit, and not get rewards. The game has recognized that the drop in has concluded, those of us in the game should still get access to receiving rewards.

Message 12 of 17 (1,661 Views)

★★ Novice

It's totally broken, it's not just people quitting because they are down a ton of goals, I've had players quit when we were AHEAD, but the momentum was against us. In order to get into a game, you are in the lobby. You wait, and wait, and then when the lobby fills, the players can see everyone's rating, so if they aren't on what they think is the best side, they quit right before the game begins. I'll play no matter what someone's rating is, on my team or against. I just want to play. Quitting in game, and they need to be able to figure out the difference between quitting and losing connection, which would be simple. When you lose connection you don't hit the "quit button".

Since players quit to avoid (god forbid) losing a game. Other people who wouldn't normally do that, start doing it that way in order to level the playing field, I don't blame them, we are a competitive group. 

What angers me is that this is SO easy to correct. You hit "drop in" game, you are put into a game at random. You can do two thing now, 1) Once you are put into a game, you are locked in until the game begins, at that point you can quit, but will be heavily penalized for quitting. Or 2) Do not show the players rankings before game starts, and do not show their name either to avoid players from avoiding beginners.  

The one thing that is still an issue is being paired up with a human goalie that doesn't even try to stop shots, a really bad human goalie can ruin the game for a whole team, you can get past beginners playing other positions. 

People like playing goalie so I don't think it should be eliminated, but be creative about it. Have a lobby that is 5 vs 5 with computer goalies, or 6 vs 6 that includes human goalies. If 95 percent of people choose to play 5 vs 5, then maybe the human goalie isn't worth keeping around. 

The quitting has been a problem since Drop Ins started. I was shocked to see that it was the same in 2022, such a simple problem to fix. 

Oh and EA, you want to create this friendly atmosphere, no name calling or bullying and all that stuff. You know what hurts worse then a toxic name calling environment? It's hitting "I'm ready to play" and watch everyone drop out immediately. When it happens to you again and again, you know they don't want to play with you.  That happened to me when I started, that is why I play with everyone. Why are you creating an atmosphere that can easily black list individual players, or players below a certain ranking? 

It's outrageous that the friendly environment that you claim to want is a contradiction to how you have the game set up. It's so easy to fix, it's almost as if you don't care, you want a certain amount of toxicity. Fix it!! Kids play this game and they can be very sensitive to "no one wants to play on my team". I mean it hurt my feelings pretty good and I was well into my adult years. Do it right now!! That "no one wants to play on my team" feeling just might be some kids final straw. Do you understand? 

Message 13 of 17 (1,302 Views)

★★ Novice

That shouldn't even be a question. It has to change

Message 14 of 17 (1,301 Views)

★★ Novice

By the way. It says "newbie" but I'm a high level player. I wanted to add that because I still think it's a crime the way the system allows quitting because they don't like who they got paired up with. I mean even some of the players that are mediocre quit unless they are paired with a few really high players. So unbelievably dumb, and irresponsible 

Message 15 of 17 (1,300 Views)

★ Guide

Nobody should be forced to play a game with/against anyone they choose not to.

Ive been playing this game long enough to know most of the trolls and scrubs so I can back out of a lobby if I see them on the same team as myself.  If I’m anonymously/randomly dropped into a game with/against them it would be a waste of my time having to quit after I find out if certain players are in the game.  I’d rather wait for a lobby that doesn’t have trolls and scrubs and sometimes newbies.  

This applies to rankings too.  I’m not going up against an actual team of high ranking friends if I have low level players on my team.  Then having to quit once they quickly go up a few goals.  Again, this would be a waste of my time.  I’ll usually back out of a lobby even against a team of low level players, especially a goalie because I know they’ll just quit after a goal or two against them.  Then I’m up against a team of AI.  Once again a waste of my time.  

If players especially low level ones are having their “feelings hurt” that’s honestly their problem.  If they want to buy the game this late in the year then they can deal with the consequences.  

Not revealing names/rankings would hurt the community more.  Even as a high ranking veteran player myself I know there are a few players that don’t want to play with/against me so why should they be forced to?  

Message 16 of 17 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree the gaming experience is getting ruined . Ban these people who quit for one day and also the ones who stat pad for themselves on team play. The overall game is ruined due to the lack of team play ability . Shame 

and forget Chel . I’m tired of pond hockey lol 

Message 17 of 17 (667 Views)