NHL 23 Franchise Wishlist!

by AEZ1

Original Post

Re: NHL 23 Franchise Wishlist!

★★★ Newbie

Be able to control all 32 or more teams in franchise mode just like NBA, MADDEN,MLB THE SHOW 

even for a fan of sports in Video Games like all those I just mentioned FIFA as well need to do this in general I want to be able to own and control all teams ,players and franchise’s

Message 51 of 70 (1,360 Views)

Re: NHL 23 Wishlist! Yes Already!

★★★★ Novice
@IrishOwl I would agree with this idea
Message 52 of 70 (1,346 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would love this idea in the game 🧠

Message 53 of 70 (1,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

Every Franchise play can be different based on circumstances (draft, trades, development, regression) that arise during play.

1) Customizable NHL/AHL Coaching Staffs at time of Expansion Team creation.

a) Select the exact strategies you want your NHL team to play and have the game generate a Head Coach that matches.
b) Select the type of coaches to fill the staff.

Repeat for AHL team.

In addition,
c) choose whether the AHL Coaching staff will focus on Player Development or Winning or a combination of the two.

2) Flexible Player Positions

Each player begins with their positions on the default or custom Rosters loaded at the creation of the mode.

The player begins with grayed out positions for Even Strength (5 on 5) C LW RW LD RD, Power Play C LW RW LD RD, Short-Handed C W LD RD, and Special (4 on 4, 3 on 3) C W LD RD.

Each position has two scales. A Color-coded position letter and a color-coded ability meter over or under the letter.

a) Position Capable - The player has played the position. Based solely on playing time. Scale from Never to Often.
b) Playing Ability - How well the player plays the position. Based solely on stats. Scale from Poorly to Excellent.

A player's position can become Inactive if not played for a certain number of team games (82, 164, 246). Inactive positions lose ability progress.

Differentiate between an Inactive position and a Never Played position
Light Gray - Inactive
Dark Gray - Never Played

Scouting implications
-Who can play multiple positions well?
-Who can play all 3 forwards positions?
-Who plays the Power Play?
-What Forwards can play the point?
-Who plays Short-Handed?
-Who plays all game situations?
-Hidden Gem or Fool's Gold? A Rarely played position having Excellent ability.

Main Positions can change over time two ways
1) Based on playing time - When majority playing time becomes a different position.
2) Develop as... - Choose to have a player develop at a specific position. That position immediately becomes the Main Position.
a) After an injury replacement
b) Midseason acquisition - this will impact every franchise play. Acquire C Jack Eichel and move Nicholas Roy to RW or Chandler Stephenson to LW?
c) a yearlong trial between 2 positions
d) after the draft - Draft the Best Player Available and move an established player or the player you just drafted to a new position
e) during Free Agency
f) The Offseason Program

3) Flexible Player Types

Changes less often than player positions but can change. A player who plays with a passer and gets a lot of shots develops into a Sniper. A playmaker who plays a defensive role for too long becomes a checker and PKer.
Skilled prospects bust and become role players. Role players who get an opportunity become more competent offensively.

4) Flexible Strategies - Emphasizes the different relationships between coaches and players. Greatly affects drafting strategy of scheme fit or best player available.

a) Players Coach-ability - Affects whether a player can change their strategies and by how much. Scale from None to All.
b) Coaches Player-Friendly - Affects whether a coach can change their strategies and by how much to suit their roster. Scale from None to All.

5) Discuss Offseason Program with each player and fully customize a plan.

-Change main position?
-Work on specific skills? Skating, Puck Skills, Shot, Faceoffs
-Focus on fitness level? Add Weight, Shed Weight, Endurance, Strength

Focus on One area, Multiple areas, or Overall and what % of the offseason for each?

Gives advantage to a GM that plans well. Gets a head start at developing position specific attributes heading into Training Camp. Player morale changes if prepared for a new main position or on the fly during camp or in-season. Trade uncooperative players. Fire uncooperative coaches.

6) Power Play Positioning - The Center is not necessarily the Net Front Presence.
In the Roster Depth Chart, select who takes the Faceoff and select the Net Front Presence. During Gameplay the Center takes the faceoff and then exchanges position with the Net Front Presence.

7) Stats
- Blocked Shots, Extended Stats, and Fights listed with the main, and on the Player's Career Totals
- Season Stats for all players who appeared in at least 1 game during the year

8) Franchise Stat Book.
-Similar to all the stats sites of hockey and other sports. Year-by-Year, Record, Playoff Performance, Best Player, Head Coaches. Click on the year and get the stats of every player with at least 1 game played that year.
In addition to a year-by-year listing, have a total Franchise Stats listing for every player who appeared in at least 1 game during the Franchise's 25 year or less history.

9) Hall of Fame for League and Team

10) Retired Jerseys

11) Captain Combinations

C, A
C, A, A
C, A, A, A
A, A
A, A, A

Each letter broken down to either All Games, Home Games Only, or Away Games Only.

Message 54 of 70 (1,318 Views)

★★★★ Guide

A very great list!! Standard smile

Message 55 of 70 (1,287 Views)

★★★ Novice

Want to have Stanley cup banner celebration. And ability to cut a player during franchise season. 

Message 56 of 70 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My wishes:

1.Let us have more than 18 players in a game. Many teams play with a 7th defender or even a 4th pairing. It would be perfect if 18 players was the minimum and there was an optional 4th defensive pairing and 13th forwards or any other players could be assigned to no lines. With only 18 players i can’t play all the players of my favourite team the ZSC Lions they usually play with 7 defenders and 13 forwards i have to scratch one defender and attacker all the time. This would be a fun feature to try out players also in franchise mode for example giving an AHL guy a shot as 7th defender and if someone‘s injured he can jump in. With this feature players that get injured during a game could be easily replaced without players having double shifts.

2.more face scans 

3.World juniors world championship in Franchise Mode/be A Pro how cool would it be to play for your country in be a Pro

4.Control all teams in Franchise mode. I would love to control all the teams to keep the league more realistic. Role modle would be 2k‘s MyLeague you can control the whole league there.

5.Edit teams for IIHF world championship. An option here would be: you can assign players to national teams if they have the nationality. This feature is in Fifa you can choose which players play on the NT in settings this would be a lot nicer so we could try different teams for the WC. If this was implemented Created players should also be included in this National team Pool.

6.tournament mode Again this is in Fifa and Ea should just implement this to NHL. With this we could play the gretzky cup or just any custom tournament or league with any teams just like in the playoff mode.

7.Assign players under 18 to any team except nhl teams or leagues where players aren’t allowed before 18. In all european leagues players under 18 are allowed not only in the CHL. This is simple.

Message 57 of 70 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

All I would want are multiple teams in franchise mode. Similar to every other major franchise modes. 

Message 58 of 70 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@0th5b2zy5tpa I think you used to be able to do this in older versions. EA does a lot of this adding then subtracting then re-introducing a feature.
Message 59 of 70 (1,039 Views)

Re: NHL 23 Wishlist! Yes Already!

★★★★★ Newbie
@Bluffer518 I like the reassign players idea for Euro leagues. You should be able to sign players from European leagues, too.
Message 60 of 70 (1,036 Views)