Cross-platform World of CHEL

by par_metra

Original Post

Cross-platform World of CHEL

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello!!! I would like to offer one idea, in case there is no cross-platform game in the new part of hockey. Make cross-progress between the versions of past and new generation within the same platform. For example, so that the CHEL player is synchronized with all his abilities.Because I have Xbox Series S, and some my friends have Xbox One, my other friends have Xbox Series X/S. As a result, in order to play with them in CHEL I have to start creating and pumping my new player again. Please, if you are making two different versions of the game for the old and new generations, then at least make cross-progress in CHEL.
It would also be very cool if there was a cross-play between one platform, but different generations - past and new. This will help boost online. More online for CHEL mode. This is not the most popular mode, but some people like it, however, due to a long search for players, the game cannot take place.

Message 1 of 5 (1,185 Views)

Re: Cross-platform World of CHEL

★★★ Apprentice

This is a point of contention within the gaming community and is among the many wishlists of NHL 23 - as NHL 21 had cross-gen (x1, xs/x) but then EA separated them into 4 individual games making for a much smaller pool of players which has affected game waiting times (not to mention the hut marketplace or lack thereof) in NHL 2022..I'm in the same boat as I have an X series X and most of my teammates are on X1 still...I'd say don't hold your breath EA has taken it in this direction and unfortunately I can't see them reverting back anytime soon (at least not for a few years and then they'll pull the old EA trick - what's old is new again..lol) 

Message 2 of 5 (1,159 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it is very sad that there was a separation. Now you have to choose which version to play instead of just playing and enjoying hockey and World of CHEL.

Message 3 of 5 (1,151 Views)

I really hope we'll at least get cross gen play, if not cross console, though I wouldn't wouldn't hold my breath

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 5 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Guide

If there's no EASHL cross gen or cross platform matchmaking (which I'm 99.9% sure there isn't) then the only thing that can speed up matchmaking is a new lobby system similar to what we had on PS3/360.

Message 5 of 5 (1,111 Views)