Creation zone improvements

by olavi4

Original Post

Re: Creation zone improvements

Message 21 of 42 (1,389 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@dhwjr8682 would you be able to see those teeth? I haven't noticed any big, toothy grins and they've cut back on cutscenes as it is. I don't think custom teeth would be effective unless they returned cutscenes and such.
Message 22 of 42 (1,375 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@VeronicatheCD I'm mainly referring to player creation - they have mouth pieces and new visors in terms of detail, I think hockey teeth is a small detail worth considering. Thanks for your input!
Message 23 of 42 (1,349 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@olavi4 I think we should be able to create our star studded faceoff shot abilities.
Message 24 of 42 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@olavi4  Amazing ideas. Since my last post was too long, I thought I'd add my own idea(s) along with yours, and others here regarding the creation zone/customization.

I have a suggestion concerning in-game crowds, and what the fans wear for custom teams, compared to fans for preset teams.

Take a look at this crowd for the preset Pittsburgh Penguins.

9039e4aa-144c-46a7-a6d5-f2f92ccf5b2a.png

As you can see, it looks pretty normal. Everyone is wearing a created jersey, a well-designed hoodie, T-Shirt, etc.

The crowd isn't very colorful, which is a good thing. There is a great amount of variety in the merchandise that everyone is wearing. Also, the jerseys that are mainly yellow are spread out widely across the crowds, instead of being half an inch apart. It adds realism to the game, along with the already amazing game graphics.

Now, take a look at this custom team crowd.

f8e7e3d2-453c-4865-a4a9-669a1a06b66b.png

As you can see here, the crowd is very colorful looking, which doesn't often look very good with specific team colors. Also, the majority of the fans are wearing complete and utter nonsense. There is no variety in this custom crowd, like there is in an NHL crowd. Everyone is practically wearing the same thing. There is pretty much yellow everywhere. (The Pittsburgh Penguins logo also is not showing up. It is represented as a differently colored Ducks logo.)

Here's a wider view of the absurd amount of color, and lack of detail in the fan "merchandise".

38a18de7-ed59-440b-9cfb-03028e5d05cf.png

As a person who likes everything to be clean-looking, this usually throws me off in-game. Just like preset teams, (NHL teams, per say), I think it would be a good idea to also give custom team fans a choice to wear the actual active jersey(s) of the team in games.

For example, if I give my custom team a designed New York Rangers home, away, and reverse retro uniform, fans should randomly choose between those 3 jerseys, just as they do in NHL team games. In addition to this, we should get the option to add extra uniforms and logos to our team, because, in my opinion, 3 uniforms and logos just aren't enough.

For example, Home, Away, Alternate, 2nd Alternate, 2nd Home, 2nd Away, Heritage, Anniversary, etc.

Same from above applies. They should randomize it every game for custom teams, where random custom fans will randomly choose to wear a random jersey out of all the uniforms. Once again, this adds realism to the game, and it will look better with the amazing graphics.

Plus, for custom teams in Franchise Mode, wouldn't the "Set Prices" option be pointless? If I can set the price for a home jersey, or away jersey, or star jersey, then why don't custom team fans actually wear it in-game? I find that a large waste of time. I can understand, star jerseys may be a little harder to code than regular jerseys, especially the numbers, and nameplate of said superstar. I discovered that in Be A Pro, fans will start to wear jerseys with your player's name and number on it if you do really good. I really think that fans for custom teams should be able to do that too. To sum this up, I think that the crowds for custom teams should focus less on team colors to determine merchandise, and more on what their team's actual jerseys are, just like NHL teams.

P.S. - Although making my team's colors black, yellow, black (main colors are yellow, black, yellow) makes the crowd look better, I don't want to have to change my team's colors just so the crowd looks more real. I want it where I can keep my team's colors the same without impacting the merchandise that is worn.

I re-created all 32 NHL teams for my own enjoyment and fun, that is why I am suggesting that this be added into the game. (You can see the Pittsburgh Penguins logos in the picture above)

I have been dreaming about this being in-game since NHL 20, so, I really hope that this gets added, or gets taken into consideration. :D

Message 25 of 42 (1,218 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@RetroKats It always drives me nuts that no one in the custom crowd wears the created jersey for the custom team. It’s just a crowd full of bad Wal-Mart ripoff jerseys.
Message 26 of 42 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@kyl_35  Yeah, if custom teams could get this feature added to the game, it would be amazing. The crowd/fans would look more real (they already do for preset NHL teams).

Edit: I also just realized, in Franchise Mode, if you go to "Set Prices", there is the option for a "Secondary Logo Team Hoodie". That is about as close as you can get to the custom fans wearing the merchandise that you actually designed, if not closer.

Unfortunately, despite this hoodie existing, there seems to be no custom fans that wear a hoodie with a secondary logo, let alone, you even using a secondary logo for your team at all.

Message 27 of 42 (1,177 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RetroKats This is absolutely needed to change. And thanks for all the detail and pictures to prove your point.
Message 28 of 42 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@kyl_35 Ya man I noticed that too when I created teams
Message 29 of 42 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Atishksingh  No problem! I really hope that someone can see all of our suggestions, and make them possible features for future updates for NHL 22, or,  new additions to future titles.

While the game itself is already great, I want all of our ideas to help make this game (and its franchise) the best it could possibly be.

Message 30 of 42 (1,136 Views)