slot shots

shot chances

rush chances

blocked shots

for NHL 23 too

Message 52 of 59 (1,792 Views)

Re: BAP Wishlist - Updated March 2022

[ Edited ]

Skipping cutscenes and/or the ability to turn off coach/player interactions would my #1 wish as they are so time consuming. The game needs huge amount of tweaking to determine if your player should receive positive or negative XP as it fails so terribly in so many moments it is enraging. There are too many games to count where I play great defense and add a lot of offensive chances as a defenseman and the game would act like I didn't do diddly squat because I failed to shoot the puck 10+ times and even though I was pressuring the other team the coach thought it wasn't enough because I didn't get an assist or a goal. I am a defenseman and not a forward - you'd get your clock cleaned in real life if you were demanding the defensive players to not only light it up on the scoreboard but also somehow stop all 5 other players on the other team from scoring when you are on the ice no matter if your teammates were in the corner eating their hockey stick like a popsicle. 

Message 53 of 59 (1,528 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Skipping cutscenes and/or the ability to turn off coach/player interactions would my #1 wish as they are so time consuming- Absolutely. Not only is it time consuming it's the SAME thing over and over again. In the end it means nothing. 

I've gotten to where I just "act out" on every single game challenge. "shoot the puck 10+ times". How about I shoot the puck when I have an open chance and pass when I don't? It's so gimmicky and flat out stupid. "I got three bills if you can score three points"..yeah because I am sure that's a common locker room interaction with professional players. I feel like these conversation systems were made for literal children.

There's no discrepancies in these systems either. If you're drafted in the 3rd round and only have 10 points towards the end of the season you still get the "let's see how your Calder chances are"..I'll tell you how they are, non-existent and we shouldn't even be having this conversation lol.

Message 54 of 59 (1,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have to say I had not even played be a pro until today since they ruined it last year, but I wanted to see it for myself and I am staggered at how terrible it is and how much they completely ruined the experience when it was so overdue for some love, improvements, and graphical upgrades. I actually like cut scenes and want to see what the graphics engine can do (i enjoy narrative games like RDR Witcher, ect), but the ones here are embarrassing and the options for reply abysmal. I want to see my player walk up on stage and put on the jersey, not magically appear in the locker room with the equipment. I want to interact with the coach or teammates, but my choice to tell coach should be more than, A: I promise to play hockey! or B: I promise goal coach! And why as a defenseman is my goal for the Memorial cup final to score two points? When I manage to play a strong defensive game and we win a 2-0 shutout to win the title a reporter tells me I was terrible for not scoring points, and I have no option to laugh at them? Come on. 

Message 55 of 59 (1,491 Views)

Re: BAP Wishlist - Updated

[ Edited ]

I agree 100% with ccleme20.

I also want to say again how important it is that EA implement so you can play in junior league and also the European leagues like SHL and so on for us that live in Europe.

I would love to play a season or two with my favorite Swedish team (Växjö Lakers) to build my character up and even be able to get a fun x-factor ability. It feels so off to join NHL and get to the first line and still lose the puck when you try to do the most basic deke... And if it does not go well for your pro, it should be possible to be sent down to AHL to play so you can upgrade your PRO.

I just simulated the second season to get to the playoff with my PRO that is a defender. I got to play 82 games and had 13 points and had “meetings” with the coach that I need to play better but still did not get sent down to the AHL.

Like others have said add All-star games and winter games but I would also want the IIHF tournament and the Olympic hockey tournament to be added in BAP, especially now when you can play the IIHF tournament in NHL22.

In Fifa BAP you get to play both UEFA Euro CUP and the World CUP so it shouldn't be that hard to add this? (Or is it a license thing or something to be allowed to add the Olympics?)

Also in Fifa you have your weekly training with your PRO that you can either simulate or play, I would love to be able to practice dekes, shooting, defense/offense plays etc and not just put out points that is super easy to miss if you simulate between games.

I really hope the developers reads this forum and listen to their NHL fans because we do love this game, but BAP right now is a bummer, you play one season and then it is basically over.

I only play NHL for BAP and I can't find a reason to buy NHL23 if it will just be a copy paste of NHL22.

Message 56 of 59 (1,449 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, exactly. The dialogue within these conversations needs to be completely revamped. I can only imagine the conversations that goalie BAP players have to deal with. "We need you to score a goal this game"--has 3 assists and blocks 4 shots-- "I expected better!". That's why I originally said to just remove them altogether. However, if they find a way to actually make them make sense then I would be fine with them moving forward. 

Message 57 of 59 (1,438 Views)

Re: BAP Wishlist - Updated

★★★★ Apprentice
@5eeff3e2f81fdb70d8aabf12f3179445 I still don't fully understand why they took that ability out of the game. I know that EA has primed this game for you to be the next "big star" but not every offline player cares about that. If they want you to be such a star then start me out as an 83 overall, not a 70. It makes no sense for someone with a 70-71 rating to be playing in the NHL. Your skills are not anywhere near good enough to be playing. NHL 20 was good in that aspect that I could play out a couple more years in Juniors and the AHL to actually earn a spot, not have it handed to me. I think most offline players really strive for a realistic experience. We are not all arcade players that want to just score 80 goals a year.
Message 58 of 59 (1,437 Views)

Re: BAP Wishlist

★★★ Apprentice
@johum2886 great add to the original post, I would love to be able to choose my draft year...so if I want to skip ahead 5 years in the NHL and get drafted in 2028 why not or go back to being drafted in 2000 and compete in that draft class that'd be cool too
Message 59 of 59 (1,431 Views)