3v3 needs to change

by amuricafyeh

Original Post

3v3 needs to change

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Pokecheck sux hits way to op with no penalties hits from behind need to come back chargeing needs to come back boarding needs to come back! Remove the opness of  defensiveskill stick makes no sense that you can use it so effectively with players with less then 80 pokecheck you just need to hold it out and skate in to them and you win the puck it's bs and it doesn't work like that irl more penalties for lower pokecheck from behind you have so much to improve its crazy stats really don't matter in this game and it's sad to see I'm still hopeing this game it's going to get great again but y'all to lazy can't even design skills that makes a sniper sniper and a defensive defender different 

Message 1 of 9 (1,510 Views)

Re: 3v3 needs to change

Community Manager

@amuricafyeh 

We often get complaints that forwards are overpowered and defense doesn't have the tools to stop them so this is always interesting to hear. If you have video of situations you believe shouldn't be allowed, feel free to post them. If you see someone coming at you with DSS active, you have the choice to move the puck, stickhandle, deke, change direction, etc. Poke from behind should be causing a trip when contact is made with the skates, but it's not unreasonable that a poke could land without causing a trip.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,490 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can livestream every match if you want I played this game since 2012 won defender of the month 2013 and this game I can play as a sniper on defence the stat pokecheck doesn't exist only how fast the pokecheck is you so puck handle it's not a thing anymore and all pokecheck will make you lose the puck and that's the boring thing with this game you can't be a jagr player this game so sad

Message 3 of 9 (1,481 Views)

Community Manager

@amuricafyeh 

We'll have to agree to disagree. I've played against many skilled and smart forwards that don't let themselves constantly lose the puck to pokechecks. Again, if you have any specific examples, you're more than welcome to provide them.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@amuricafyeh wrote:

Pokecheck sux hits way to op with no penalties hits from behind need to come back chargeing needs to come back boarding needs to come back! Remove the opness of  defensiveskill stick makes no sense that you can use it so effectively with players with less then 80 pokecheck you just need to hold it out and skate in to them and you win the puck it's bs and it doesn't work like that irl more penalties for lower pokecheck from behind you have so much to improve its crazy stats really don't matter in this game and it's sad to see I'm still hopeing this game it's going to get great again but y'all to lazy can't even design skills that makes a sniper sniper and a defensive defender different 

I still see TONS of charging penalties and tripping pens for poke check from behind being called in my CHEL leagues... literally not seen any of the rest of what you describe... DSS is not that effective - I wish it was LOL

Message 5 of 9 (1,439 Views)

★★ Guide

Id bet money this dude is running truculent and just boarding and charging all day but crying about getting poked.

Fix this truculent nonsense

Message 6 of 9 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@mikeq67 Truculence is killing the competitive aspect of the game. Let’s get some type of Competitive Ranked version of clubs where it’s closer to SIM and have a Public version closer to an arcade style. Unfortunately, I think we’re gonna need crossplay for this to work but it should be the future vision.
Message 7 of 9 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fev3RDream4 wrote:
@mikeq67Truculence is killing the competitive aspect of the game. Let’s get some type of Competitive Ranked version of clubs where it’s closer to SIM and have a Public version closer to an arcade style. Unfortunately, I think we’re gonna need crossplay for this to work but it should be the future vision.

I would argue Heatseeker, Close Quarters and (to a lesser degree) One Tee are much more negatively impactful on this game than Truculence

Message 8 of 9 (1,090 Views)

★★ Guide

Perk systems like this are always terrible. I miss the days when everyone was 99 glitching and the game was actually fairly balanced because everyone was the same and could do everything. So your actual skill at the game and hockey won out, what a novel concept.

Instead now we have teams full of truculent guys with one tee that just charge/board you all day because this NHL video game took NHL penalties and threw them out of certain competitive modes (which I would still love to hear an explanation for). My player gets hurt 2-3 times a game on D because Im allowed to be boarded/charged while trying puck retrieve but dont worry, ha most of the community plays defense by just parking 3 dudes in front of the net and taking 100 mph slap shots to their head and skating it up ice.This current version of the game thats played in EASHL is embarrassingly bad. Truly shameful.

Message 9 of 9 (1,054 Views)