Double Team Issue

by Fix_NBALM

Original Post

Double Team Issue

★★★★ Apprentice

No matter what LU I use, I constantly run into an issue where my teammates come to "help" for double team. 

First the double team never helps as AI finds a way to run away from it

Second the double team many times lead into "defensive foul"

Third and the last, it leaves a man wide open which AI rarely misses (funny as my players miss MANY open shots.)

Please, please, please stop with unnecessary double team. Create a way to prevent my defense doing double teaming. 

This has been an issue for both finasse and power LU and it is starting to happen to strat LU as well.

The reason why there are so many users are with strat LU is due to this. If you want people to have other LUs, this need to stop immediately. 

Please stop the double team 

Message 1 of 26 (8,216 Views)

Re: Double Team Issue

Community Manager

Anyone else have thoughts on this or any tips?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 26 (8,157 Views)

Champion

I agree with @Fix_NBALM @EA_Blueberry 

If you tag me in your replies I'll see your answers sooner
Message 3 of 26 (8,142 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is EA looking at this issue?

It still happens a lot in Showdown, LvL and in Arena.

Please resolve this issue. 

Message 4 of 26 (8,085 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would say try to use a coach\boost item\whatever you wanna call it with a zone d or loose coverage. Finesse usually has that strategy.. you won't be as tight man on man, but players generally stay in their area and even move into the open zone if you leave it to cover the ball carrier(when you are controlling a different player than the one who would normally have that zone, and lock on to the ball carrier, covering him,which would normally leave a man open, but in finesse, the player who you took the spot from will, more often than not, move into the spot you came from). Hopefully that makes sense lol. Good luck!

Message 5 of 26 (8,055 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is this reported to the dev team?

Please give some feedback. It keeps happening.

Message 6 of 26 (7,994 Views)

Community Manager

@TheMasked1der wrote:

I would say try to use a coach\boost item\whatever you wanna call it with a zone d or loose coverage. Finesse usually has that strategy.. you won't be as tight man on man, but players generally stay in their area and even move into the open zone if you leave it to cover the ball carrier(when you are controlling a different player than the one who would normally have that zone, and lock on to the ball carrier, covering him,which would normally leave a man open, but in finesse, the player who you took the spot from will, more often than not, move into the spot you came from). Hopefully that makes sense lol. Good luck!

@Fix_NBALM 

Sent it their way but we're not aware of any changes around it. Did @TheMasked1der's advice help you out? 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 26 (7,977 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well I tried that and it prevents double team to happen. However, because way Finesse "Loose" defense is, it does not do any defense!

Why does it happen to be extreme from one another?

Strat used to be players playing enough man to man defense while not coming for unnecessary double team.

Why is allowing AI to stay in front of man to give enough pressure so hard for Devs especially when it "used" to work like that?

Stop trying to give AI unnecessary advantage as AI always has advantage in that they get the ball from our steals and blocks (Many times AI players from the paint comes all the way to perimeter to pick up the stolen ball.) outrageous offensive boarding (6 ft players outrebounding 7 footers) and ridiculous shooting. 

Game's AI is becoming more unbearable as the seasons progress and a lot of people stopped playing due to this. 

Please fix this issue and make it reasonable. 

Message 8 of 26 (7,925 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is Dev team working on this?

Why is it so hard to add a button called "stop double team".

It is really annoying. 

Message 9 of 26 (7,581 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, EA.

Stop just "liking" the answer or giving XP.

What the users need is feedback and answer not accumulating unnecessary XPs.

Are you guys working on this doubling issue or not?

Stop with the double team when I do not need it. 

Message 10 of 26 (7,547 Views)