Auction House Seems Off This Season

by MooseyDank

Original Post

Auction House Seems Off This Season

★ Apprentice

What’s up with the auction house this season?  It doesn’t seem like my auctions are showing up because no matter how low I offer players, they don’t sell. Also when buying players, there is no way every single person is listing guys in the exact same price range for every player. Please just let the auction be real and true and fix this. 

Message 1 of 15 (8,718 Views)

Re: Auction House Seems Off This Season

Community Manager

@MooseyDank 

If you offer players with prices too high or low they may not sell because there are ceilings and floors for prices. Look for the average price they sell for and list slightly below that for bidding. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 15 (8,664 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don’t think they had that last season and I really don’t like it. I think if it is real and true, it makes it more fun for us playing and adds a level of strategy and decision making to the game that helps it. I’ll try what you are saying but I think the strategic aspects of the game like a real auction house, different line ups through the season that are used in league games, etc. make it more interesting. 

Message 3 of 15 (8,659 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also in the past if you completed an event and got the grand master, you might still play it to complete the sets again to be able to sell the duplicate cards in the auction house. That is a waste of time now 

Message 4 of 15 (8,654 Views)

Community Manager

@MooseyDank 

What is the root cause that drove you to come here to post this? Are you trying to buy certain players to flip them on the auction house or fill up certain positions for your team? 

If you're having trouble selling an item, check the auction house for what they are selling for and slightly adjust your price to be a little above or more than their offers. That should help get the item to sell. Some items might not sell though despite their OVR because the community might be focusing on a different type of lineup at the moment or program. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 15 (8,642 Views)

★ Apprentice

The root cause is that I noticed the auction house was not real this season and I could not choose to sell cards I had for the amount I wanted to sell them. I was trying to sell several of my players that were 88-90 overall because I wanted to buy a specific 91overall card. I’ll try what you say but mostly I just want to be able to choose how much to sell my cards for.
On a side note, next level would be when a user reaches level 100, it opens up a second auction house where we can auction past season players to each other at whatever amount we choose. That would be fire. 

Message 6 of 15 (8,637 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all!

The Community Manager should have more info on this next week. He's aware of the reports of players not being sold.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 15 (8,566 Views)

AUCTION HOUSE

★★★★★ Novice

I have been trying to sell my 84 Middleton for about a month now. I've tried all different kinds of buy now and starting prices. Even when I tried to sell for 1000 coins nobody would buy. What on earth is happening?

Message 8 of 15 (8,577 Views)

Re: AUCTION HOUSE

Community Manager

Hey, all.

The team pushed a fix through this morning which should help alleviate the issue where players were not being sold. Let us know if you run into any issues, thanks for your patience!

More updates from yesterday's Courtside stream can be seen here.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 15 (8,528 Views)

Re: AUCTION HOUSE

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry are there still floors and ceilings for players in the auction house?

In previous seasons, I would have had no problems selling the guys in the screenshot at those prices.  There are guys with lower OVR that would want these guys.

I have a ton of player I would like to get rid of.  I don't mind selling them cheaply so that I can build my bank to buy the more expensive guys.

Maybe people are just not buying in the auction house this season.  But if there are floors and ceilings that are keeping players from appearing in the auction house, then they should really be removed.  I don't see the reason for them, and they don't seem to be beneficial.

Message 10 of 15 (8,161 Views)